i think i have ppd...

edited September 2011 in Postpartum Depression
I'm not sure what the signs are but here are my symptoms...
I don't eat...today I had a few reeses pb cups
I don't sleep, I just lay in bed
I don't clean, my house is a mess, and I just don't care at all, I don't even make an effort
I hate my dogs, I get extremely irritated with them. I've been staying upstairs for days now and only go down there to let them outside
The only thing that makes me happy is my daughter
And I have extreme seperation anxiety when it comes to her, I don't like other ppl taking her and I want to yell at them when they let her cry.

I feel like I'm losing my mind...
Please help

Comments

• The user and all related content has been deleted.
  • U should def call ur dr.
  • Def call ur Dr. Could be the baby blues as well but if it doesn't go away in a few days to a week its def a possibility u have ppd.
  • I'm going to call on monday
  • Call your Dr Hun that sounds like it to me and they can offer you the help that you need. Maybe you just need some help with simple things around the home but atleast make your drs aware. Do you have a good family and friend support system?
  • I just hve my bf but I don't think he's helping
  • My midwife said being too tired to maintain your daily routine is normal, but if it gets to the point where you just don't care, then its serious and can be ppd. I would call your doc hun. Good luck.
  • Thnk u guys. My bf doesn't believe depression...
  • I wish tht would wrk...but he's a firm believer...
  • Let him know your decrease in hormones and getting back into being you again sorta speak can take its toll and more then ever you need him and his support. We are all here for you if you need to talk. Good luck mamma I wish I could take your dogs out for you and clean your house.
  • Thank u guys. I really dont kno wat to do. I feel bad for the way I am but dont care to change it. I feel like a piece of shit
  • Sweetheart call your doc and have him put you on zoloft or something for the depression. It will only get worse if you don't deal with it now. Depression sucks a$$ my husband doesn't believe in it either. He just tells me I'm crazy. I'm about to show him how crazy I can get. Lol. If you need to talk you can always inbox. Lots of hugs and prayers to you.
  • Just take it one day at a time. And the house work is not that important but your baby needs you and she can feel your upset so don't forget to take care of yourself as well. Keep me posted and ill keep you in my thoughts and prayers
  • Smh at the men/husbands that don't ”believe in” depression. That would be like someone saying I don't believe in bad eye sight, or arthritis, or cancer...Depression is a medical condition where the chemicals in your brain are misfiring or responding incorrectly to situations and stimuli. It is a scientific, proven medical issue and is something that requires not only medical attention, but sometimes medication and true support! These men need to wake up... Do they think thoughts of harming yourself or suicide are not real either? I will never understand the ignorance of some people, and really, it needs to be expressed how ashamed these people should be of themselves. And to all you ladies dealing with some form of depression, there is help, and there are people that care and understand. This is the time you are allowed to be selfish and seek every possible outlet you need... for you and the baby. Hang in there! I commend you for just being able to admit things just don't feel right, that is the first major step!

*one love*:-)
  • @jazzi89 did you call your doctor?? Hooke things are ok. Guys are dinks so don't let whether or not he believes prevent you from getting help if you need it....
  • I was put in an inpatient behavioral health facility 3 times before my son was 4 months old I had ppd sooo bad. I was put on medicine and got help from family around the house and such...get help and always remember...wether others "believe" it or not its not about them...its about u and ur baby!! I hope everything gets better for u!