spinal headache

edited September 2011 in Giving birth
Home from hospital day 4 after c cectoon n I'm having the worst spinal headache anyone have suggestions to help been taking ibuprofen n pain meds as often as allowed warm bath ate n had a soda not going away

Comments

• Literally just finished watching this on my birthing video... They say it should go away as soon as ya lay down!
  • Lol I've been laying down for hours... I had it for 2weeks last baby but hoping someone has a trick
  • Aw boo! I'm sorry it isn't helping... I hope someone has a trick for ya :(
  • Not sure how a spinal headache is different from regular ones or migraines (actually never heard of it before :-S ) but maybe try ice in a ziplock wrapped in a towel or tshirt? I know sometimes it can help headaches..
  • Ok I just googled lol

It said lay down until it runs its course which could be hours or days(yeah ok lol)

Drink plenty of fluids, dr may recommend caffeinated fuids and in come cases an iv of caffeine.

:(
  • I don't know how to relieve it but if it gets to bad make sure to call your Dr... they might have to relive some of the built up pressure... or something along those lines... I don't know all of the details but my brother had a spinal for a surgery he had and they had to do something to make it better for him because his head was killing him and wouldn't go away. Good luck hun.