New Years Baby= A year of free stuff???

edited September 2011 in December 2011
Has anyone heard of this? My dauthers old teacher mentioned this to me the other day but I never heard of it. She said if you were to have the baby after 12am on Dec. 31/Jan 1 that they (whoever they are Im not sure) provides things for you for an entire year. Im not sure what to believe. Has anyone else heard of this?

Comments

• Wow, I'd like.to know too
  • I have never heard of a year supply of stuff but my hospital gives a big basket of stuff and the mother and baby get picture on front page of the paper
  • @mommyfor3 O Lord...lol I hate attetnion like that. The free stuff was enough but to be put in the news and in the paper is too much. If that the case I will be like a crazed maniac trying to get her out 2 weeks before her due date :)
  • I always feel sorry for the mom because she looks so tired from giving birth!
  • Sometimes, local companies will donate stuff for the advertising, but I don't know if they do it as much anymore. They'd def take your pic and plaster it all over, lol.
  • Well hmph! I was scared to have a baby on new years anyway. Just the whole hoopla with NY and Christmas I didntwant the attention to be taken away from her around that time. Hopefully I will go 2 weeks early. I had to ask...lol when I heard free stuff for a year my eyes got big. O well it did sound too good to be true.
  • Yes I've heard this! I think u get like diapers n Stuff
  • It's for the very 1st baby born of the new year, chances very slim. There is a baby born pretty much every new year at midnight. I think last year is was a a lady with twins.1st was born at like 11:58p 2010 and 2nd was born at 12:00a 2011! Twins born 2 minutes apart but different years. But the 2nd twin was the 1st of the new year!
  • I've heard of this! I'm pretty sure its not the hospital that gives you things I think its companies but I'm not sure :)