rice

edited September 2011 in Babies
When and why did you start your baby on rice?

Comments

• 4 months. We would have her at the dinner table with us and she was fascinated by our dinner, she would grab at our forks and get fussy, so we tried to feed her rice cereal. She HATED it, but she liked baby food a lot!
  • A week before 4 months. Bottles werent satisfying him so he has some rice cereal morning and night now.
  • @Laura536 & maymommy11 - thank you. People keep telling me to do.so now because he eats quite a bit but the Dr said at the last visit 3-4 oz ever 2-3 hours is normal for him. But that was over a month ago.
  • Bout 12 wks wit my son an 4 wks wit my daughter her pediatrician recommended it she was eating almost 4 ounces every hour an half .
  • How do u guys give rice to ur babies. I tried putting Gerber rice ceral in his bottle, it wud jus clog up the nipple. He is 12 weeks and he seems to be always eating, or he spits up. I have been giving him enfamil AR.
  • The user and all related content has been deleted.
  • @mzmommy1st AR already has added rice in it, so be careful not to do too much more. Rice cereal should be fed with a spoon though, not in a bottle.
  • @laura536, even when fed by a spoon, most likly a baby spoon how long does it take for them to get use to the spoon.
  • Also the enfamil AR don't seem to keep his feeling full. Him being 12 weeks, will it be ok to give it to him. And cud I add flavor to it. I have a baby bullet. Cud I puree a pear and mix it in with the rice?? For flavor??
  • I would ask your ped. 12 weeks is pretty early for baby food, he may not be ready to eat from a spoon yet and if you force it, you could choke him. @mzmommy1st
  • Bentley will be 2 months on Friday and his pediatrician wants me to start him on rice cereal with a spoon with my breast milk :)
  • Well ill aske when he gets his 4m shots, I live on a military base and its a bitch to make an appointment, and the ppl r assholes :(
  • @ashleyfew he only wants me to do it once a day (before bed) to see if it'll keep him full and sleep through the night.
  • Yeah I'm being told to add it to his bottle at night so hell sleep longer. The extra sleeps not worth causing tummy trouble. He's only 6 weeks old.
  • I always put it in there bottle jus very little at a time . My pediatrician told me to