1 month old hurts when she poops..help!

edited September 2011 in Babies
She's 1 month old and seems..constipated for lack of a better word. She poops about every 2-3 hours and pretty good amounts but she pushes after she eats like she's pooping. She grunts (seems normal) but today she got frustrated and started crying like it hurt. Her tushie isn't red so I don't think she has a rash and she doesn't cry if she sits in a dirty diaper for a few minutes. Just wonder if this is normal for new borns or if I can help her in some way..? Ps-she is breast fed. Thanks ladies :)

Comments

• A little prune juice will help
  • The user and all related content has been deleted.
  • Little bit of water helps a lot
  • edited September 2011
    The user and all related content has been deleted.
  • edited September 2011
  • edited September 2011
  • Mix a half ounce of prune juice in with her reg amount bottle feeding. Do this once a day until she is better. If it gets worse or she doesn't poop for a day or two call pediatrician.
  • It's bad if you give them a lot of water an oz every now and then won't hurt them. Ask your pediatrician. Also I'm not saying that you should give him water every couple of hours or that you should substitute a feedn
  • * feeding. But just a little bit to make his stool softer. You don't have to take my advice or anybody else's only you can decide what's good or bad for your baby.
    :)
  • My newborn was doing this toi, grunting after eating and getting really upset and i realized she just needed to be burped really well after eating...even if she would burp right away i still burp her like 5 mins later and shell burp again pretty good...im
  • Thanks for your responces ladies! Her poop isn't hard at all, its still pretty much liquid and very regular. She doesn't burp tho so maybe its just coming out the other end and that's what all the grunting is about..? Idk but I might just call the pediatrician to see what he thinks. Everything else seems fine, no hard tummy, no weird colors in her poop. Thanks for the input tho, helps to think out loud and get outside ideas :)
  • Its a baby FULL BREASTFEED they are NOT supose to drink NOTHING only brest milk....0-6 month.....breastmilk is 85% water...even is a baby in the desert they need not water...just mom (.)(.) :-D