Tubal Ligation (Tubes Tied)

edited September 2011 in Health
I had my daughter Aug 2 & I just had my tubes tied Sept 9 (Friday) I did my research so I knew what to expect but I was not planning on the shoulder pain that comes afterwards. Anybody else have their's tied & get horrible pain from the carbon dioxide? My insicsions don't hurt but I feel like my stomach is gonna explode from the gas. I do not envy anyone who's had a csection & I'm so thankful Aydrian cooperated so I didn't have to end up having one.

Comments

• Omg yes I did I was not at all prepared for the gas pain I was swallowing gas x like it was going out of style but it finally resolved! I got my staples out today n the gas pains r bck but im sure its unrelated!
  • I will be having my 3rd csection oct 6 and getting mine tied while they are in there
  • @preggomommyof4 I didn't have anything to relieve it. It's subsided now but OMG! Labor pains didn't hurt that much lol. I was supposed to have a c-section & have my tubes tied at the same time. I couldn't imagine the pain I would've been in if it had actually happened.

@bigmamak Good luck to you! Since it's your 3rd you obviously know what to expect. Did you recover well from your first two? I hope you recover quickly from this one & the pain associated w/ the Tubal Ligation isn't as bad for you as it was for me.
  • Peppermint tea or juice that's what the hospital recommended to me and it really helps :)
  • Had mind tied in Aug, and ouch!!! The gas and pain was worse then giving birth. Luckily it only lasted a few days. My incesions also got infected. I had to pump and dump for a day too, and that sucked. Baby was waiting his boobie LOL..

• Omg getting mines tied next month now I am scare :(
  • Yeah u all are scaring me too
  • Mine is suppose to b getting tied next week during my c section. Now im scared, did the gas x work @preggomommyof4
  • I got mines tied monday a day after giving birth and im still n pain and can barely walk ugh worse the child birth
  • I had mine done last week within minutes of having my son. The gas pain in my shoulder was worse then my csection and tubel pain. But it went away within 2.days. they have chewable gas tablets that help it go away quicker. Walking around helps a lot too. I'm just over a week post op and feel great! Can't run a Marathon yet but can drive and take care of both my sons alone.
  • I was at the mall Sat & Sun & walked for hours to help relieve the pain. I have my check up today. My inscisions look good & haved oozed at all. It'll be a week tmrw since I've had it done.
  • @emy yes the gas x worked n walking to help it move thru u system!
    @starkrayzie I couldn't imagine the pain wit a c-section 2 oh my! Now im worried bout aunt flow returning ppl been telling me the 1st 1 is awful wit lots of cramping n extra heavy flow after tubal!
  • I will be having my tubes tied and I thought I was scared/nervous before knowing what to expect but after reading this, I'm really scared/nervous. 8-X
  • Thank you! Yes 3rd csection 4th baby. The recovery was painful and my last one was the worst cause I had a 3 year old,15 month old, and newborn I am hoping its easier this time since my kids are now 7,5,and almost 4! My doc said the tubal should have no effect on my recovery since I'm having a csection anyway. I hope he's right!I also hope you are feeling better!
  • @preggomommyof4 I'm not looking forward to the return of AF but I have a full bottle of Pamprin Max waiting! LOL

@expectingmy2nd Just make sure you have something on hand for the shoulder pain & if you can bear it stop takin the pain meds as soon as you can cuz they back you up so bad.

@bigmamak I ha
  • I don't comment that much but. I had mine tied 18 months ago and it didn't. Hurt at all. But then again it didn't work eaither. I am now almost 9 month pregnant. Hope all you ladies who had your done it works well. This time I'm having a partial done.
  • Mine were 5 & 17m when I had her so I understand where you're coming from. The tubal won't prolong your recovery at all its just the side affects that suck. I was naseous too while in recovery & it sucked. Felt like I was on a carnival ride & couldn't stop spinning.

@trisha did you have them clipped, tied, or burned? I had mine cut & burned so I only have a 1% chance of anything happening.
  • I.just had mine done yesterday in pain but nothing compared to my hernia operarion last year.
  • Had mine burned tuesday abd a D&C for leftover placenta...a 2 for one. This shoulder pain is killer but least it comes n goes. I just got gasx tonight and gibger ale tryin to burp it out. Tryin to not take percocet....but ouch! Im uson a heat pad. Doc did not tell me about this, the discharge nurse did as i was half asleep
  • Also i AM bloated. I asked if id be swolken n she said no but coulda mentioned bloating n shoulder pain. I thought they dropped me lol . Im gonna take the pill to get my period regular for a while still.
  • @mama_busy_bee the bloating is bad too I forgot about that. I drank some pop & it only made it worse. I hope your pain goes away quickly. If ur takin pain meds then get a stool softener as well.

@eeyore which procedure did you have? Were yours cut, burned, or clipped?
  • When my husband gets his insurance back I'm makin him get snipped so he can feel some pain as well!!!
  • Lol @starkrayzie there u go. Mine said now i can cheat on him so i told him go get snipped then lol. Im tryin to stay off psin meds cuz if i take em i overdo activity n pay for it later.
  • edited September 2011
    @starkrayzie, @Trisha, @Mama_busy_bee - did they put you to sleep? I asked my doctor if I would be awake or asleep and he said they would only put me to sleep if I wasn't planning on getting an epidural which I am. The anxiety has really kicked in because I keep imagining them going to cut the incision and not being completely numb and being able to feel it. I am really scared to death now knowing that they won't be putting me to sleep. A part of me wants to back out but I definitely don't want anymore kids so I know I need to suck it up and just do it.
  • I had the clipped. Which once they are in place they don't move.
    @expectingmy2nd they put me to sleep I had it done the next morning.
  • @expectingmy2nd I was put to sleep also. If I would have had the c-sec then it would have been a spinal block. Do you know if your hospital gives you a choice between spinal or epidural because mine didn't.
  • Shew you girls are making me nervous! Haha! Im getting induced on September 29th but I have to wait til I turn 21 before my insurance will pay for it. Which will be November 29th. Im high risk because of blood clots so im too scared to risk having more than one baby.
  • I eas put to sleep. Cuz of d&c i had just had an epidural in july so another woulda sucked.
  • My incisions dont hurt btw
  • edited September 2011
    @StarKrayzie, @trisha - everyone I've asked who has gotten their tubes tied has been put to sleep. My doctor said they would keep the epidural in and I would get my tubes tied the next day but they would only put me to sleep if I wasn't planning on getting the epidural. I just don't know what to expect and I'm just so afraid I'm going to feel the incision since I won't be asleep. I'm not sure what a spinal block is and what's the difference between the two. I just told my doctor I wanted an epidural so I'm really not sure if I could choose between the two.

HAS ANYONE HAD THEIR TUBES TIED AND NOT BEEN PUT TO SLEEP? SHOULD I BE WORRIED THAT I WON'T BE PUT TO SLEEP? FEAR IS STARTING TO KICK IN.