No Movement. . .

edited January 2011 in Second Trimester
I'm in the 14th week of my pregnancy meaning I'm about 4 months...right?...I can't feel my baby moving....maybe it's still too early, but there is a small "jumpy" feeling in my tummy sometimes. This is my 1st pregnancy & I still haven't gotten a chance to hear a heartbeat....should I be worried?

Comments

• Jumpy feeling is movement, or gas. It could go either way. I felt movement at 16 wks then nothing until 20 or so. My bf wife is 17 wks and has not felt a thing. So "it" could just be hanging out and relaxing :) but really probably just to early
  • Jody_11,
    Congrats on your pregnancy. That is very exciting especially when it is your first! I'm 17 weeks with my second. Regarding the heart beat, don't be worried that you haven't got to hear it yet. The Dr's know what they ate doing and you will hear it before too long. Just try to relax and enjoy it. Being pregnant is one if the best feelings in the world. Congrats again!
  • @jorjiegirl...maybe that's what it is, but when were you able to hear a heartbeat, if you've heard it yet?
  • @snowangel...thank you, I'm very excited. Congrats to you, too! It's just the whole excitement of pregnancy, I'm ready for heartbeats and ultrasound pics, I even had the name picked out since I was about 8 weeks & I don't even know what it is yet, but thanks again! :)
  • 14 weekss is 3 1\2 months 16 weeks iss 4 monthsss
    & if its yur first pregnancy its going to be a while before yu feel any kicking Im 15 weeks now and have flutters & its my first alsoo the baby will lett yu no he or she is thea pretty soon! I seen my babys heartbeat at 7 wks and at 12 weeks I heard it with ultra sound at 14 wks with fetal doppler.
    Duee july 12. Goood luck to you&congrats!
  • I didn't feel my first until I was about 17 weeks & she was perfectly healthy... sometimes your weight & build can make a difference, like if your a little heavier it can be more difficult to feel. I wasn't too big with my first, just a little curvy ;) but I also hear a lot of first timers mistake movement as gas or bowel movement since we get pretty used to that during pregnancy, too. Good luck! =)
  • Thanks ladies. . . I feel better, I have an appointment in 6 days, maybe I'll get a chance to hear the heartbeat then.! *fingers crossed*
  • @jody_11.... I don't remember how many wks we were when we heard the heart the first time. But they made me wait til 21.wks to find out gender.
  • I am also about 15 weeks and I have not felt movement...its normal tho this is my 3rd pregnancy! Prolly won't feel anything till about 18 weeks
  • For around 18wks is when really starting feeling him. Now he moves alot and im 23wks I love it. He's calm right now thank god lol
  • Movement at 17 weeks...
  • I felt movement real early.. I dk what Im havn yet, but I find out the 31. Very excited. Whatever it is , just healthy..
  • I wouldn't worry about it. With my first I didn't feel it till about 20 weeks and with the second I am 17 weeks and feeling movement just now.
  • I think I'm good now, I feel little flutters, I thought it was gas, but I never fart afterwards, lol & the other day, I felt another movement, I'm hoping it's a boy & I hope I can find out at my appointment on the 28th.! :)
  • ive gotten pretty lucky im carrying really low and am so small i felt the baby move right around my 13th week. heard teh heartbeat at twelve. alot depends on where the baby is positioned. the only bad thing is with my size the doc said if the baby gets too big i wont be able to go natural cuz my pelvis is a lil on the small side
  • edited January 2011
    @rissalee7....I'm not big at all & neither is my bf. . .I don't want my baby to be too small.! I'm lucky to have heard a heartbeat last week & now, since I know where my baby is located, the little things I felt weren't movement, I'll be 15 weeks tomorrow, I just want to see what it really feels like for my baby to move..! :(
  • @jody_11 my bf is 6 foot 3 im 5 foot 1 on a tall day so thats y my doc is conscerned about the baby gettin too big. plus he or she sits really to the front most of the time loves to keep me up till 12 and getting me up at 5 but o well still love my lil bean
  • Could depend on where the placenta is lying. I felt moment at 14-15 wks. First baby. I still don't feel it regularly and im 25 wks today. But I know what's normal movemtn for her and there have been times where I just don't feel her for like 2 days but the doctor says its normal and too soon to feel it regularly. Not until 28wks or so will that happen. So you could just ask your doctor where the placenta is or where your baby is laying and you could just eat and drink something to get the baby moving too
  • Don't be worried :) this is my first pregnancy. My doctors have to use their ultrasound machine almost every single time to Catch my baby's heartbeat. I was hospitalized for a week and even the nurses on the Labor/Delivery floor had a difficult time. I also didn't start to feel him move til about 17 weeks. When you are further along, your doctor will tell you about "fetal kick counts" and tell you what you can do to get your baby to kick to check that he is moving.
  • edited January 2011
    Thanks ladies, my baby is still really small & according to where my doctor placed the doppler for a heartbeat, I think my baby might be right above my pelvic bone, then again, this is my first pregnancy also, so I'm really not sure how anything is supposed to feel or work..!