Had my Amniocentesis today..

edited September 2011 in September 2011
I was super nervous but it wasnt that bad at all. I get the results tomorrow & Im hoping that my lil mans lungs are matured so I can have him this week. They are saying he is weighing 8 and a half lbs. & my gestational diabetes isnt that controlled.

Comments

• Im sure everything will be fine with your LO :) Hes a big baby! Mine was 9 lbs 7 oz
  • Oh my! The doc wanted to do one to me to test for ds. I couldn't I was to scared of the risk it posed to my son. I was 24 weeks and already at risk for preterm labor also its not like the results could change anything in my case! Lol! Just gonna wait. How far along are u? Dis it hurt? Im a sissy I was scared it would hurt to bad lol!
  • @mandac10 Im 38 weeks. & no it didnt hurt. It hurt for like a second when the needle went in & it was super fast. they wanted to do an amnio on me earlier to test for deformaties bcuz i had a baby in the passed that had a heart defect but i said no and did a fetal echo instead bcuz i didnt want to end up having my baby early or miscarriage. The reason why I opt for it this time is because since my baby is measuring on the big side Im testing for his lung maturity so I can be induced so I can have him vaginally cuz I dont wanna csec. I hope everything is fine with you and I hope you dont have any more preterm labor.
  • i got them today, lol i just posted the results!! his lungs are matured @sophiasmom11