My birth story :) Labor Day Twins, Sept 5th

edited September 2011 in Birth Stories
Sorry I'm a week late on my birth story, my hands have been full lol! Faith Lelann born @ 6:44 am, 5lbs 11.4oz and Promise Lillian born @ 6:52am, 6lbs 10oz ;)

I started having AWFUL back labor around 12:30am, and I timed them till 2am @ 2-3 minutes apart. Woke my hubby, told him it was "that time", and he sped through every red light on the way :) I got to the hospital around 2:30 and got to L&D in a jiffy: they checked me and I was 5cm and progressing fast. I was in a room within 30 minutes and the nurse checked me again. She had a surprised look on her face and I said "is something wrong??" She said, honey you're already 7cm going on 8. EEEKK!!! I HAVNT GOTTEN MY EPIDURAL! Contractions by this time were outta this world. The nurses and my OB doc talked the anesthesiologist into bypassing my blood work and doing the epi asap. I'm a sucker for needles, but I seriously didn't care about the needle pain compared to my contractions. I'm glad now I was required to have one lol (cuz of twins). The epidural really slowed my contractions. So by 6:20am of was time to push...they would only let 3 of my family stay so I just chose my hubby and mom. My MIL was furious, but I don't care! There's already enough nurses and docs in here for my twins anyways! Besides...I don't want just anybody seeing my personals! Lol. I pushed a total of 30 minutes and my twins were 9 minutes apart ;) in labor for just 6 hrs. Having 2 vaginally was very hard and exhausting, but I wouldn't have had it any other way :) Faith and Promise both had a lil trouble breathing, but it resolved within the first 30 minutes! Being a mommy to 2 is so special to me. U wonder how u could have enough equal love for both, and its just amazing :-) The epi screwed my blood pressure the first couple of days...every time I'd stand I would pass out :( But I'm better, although its gonna take a while to recoop from twins. And the babies are absolutely wonderful and healthy!! I'll post pics when I get a lil free time. Its time for their feedings now so I gotta go ;) Best of luck to all u preglys and happy n healthy babies!!!

Comments