eye color

edited February 2011 in Pregnant
Is every baby born with brown eyes or can they be different colors ive heard they start out brown and can turn to the permanent color a little after birth. Has anyone had a baby born with eyes a different color then brown?

Comments

• My daughter was born with blue/gray eyes. Now she's 14 months n has blue eyes.
  • Most babies are born with blue/gray eyes.
  • What r the chances of having baby having blue eyes? Husband and his grandfather have blue...me and the rest of our families have brown.
  • My nieces and most of the kids in my family are born with blueish greyish eyes, and most of us have colored eyes.
  • I have green eyes.. husband brown...both of my kids have.brown eyes and r speed.image of him.. i want this bby to have green eyes and light complacation. Ive been prayn i get a turn to have one lookin like me...
  • Most every newborn I have ever seen has navy bluish eyes then in a few months their permanent color sets in.

@emzally. My nephew has bright blue eyes even tho my sister & her boyfriend both have brown. He inherited the eyd color from his grandpa on his dad's side.
  • I have green eyes my husband has hazel and our daughter has bright blue eyes.
  • edited February 2011
    The user and all related content has been deleted.
  • My husbands and his family have blue eyes, me and most if my family have brown. My son has the prettiest blue eyes.
  • My 2 year old was born with light blue eyes...then they turned green and now they are a medium brown with gold!!
  • Mine were blue at birth and started turning green when I was about 10. They were totally green by the time I was 12. My dad has amazingly blue eyes, like the water in Key West where he grew up. But my mom has green eyes. Mine are clear and have a dark blue outer ring like dads, but are mostly green as mom's.

I was also born a ginger like my siblings. But turned blonde before my first birthday. My parents were blondes as kids, but both had brown hair by puberty. My brother is light red and my sisters are flaming gingers. And here I am, looking like the mailman's baby, the only blonde in family pictures.
  • edited February 2011
    MY sons are mix race they had very dark blue black now at 6 an 8 they brown. When I was born on my baby pic I had green an brown eyes now the very light blue :-)
  • Brown not drown lol
  • Most are blue at birth. I watched a good movie by national geographic (I think its online too) that was totally amazing. I science teacher and thought I knew a lot about this but it was great.

They said that the enzymes that produce the eye color pigments are light activated.... since its dark in there, they do not produce pigment until the baby is out. The default color is blue. When the enzymes are in the light, they produce the colored pigments and most eyes.change to their normal color.
  • I was born with blue eyes and they slowly changed to greenish-blue, then green, now they're hazel. I always get compliments on my eyes. The brown is more of a golden brown. My husband has the same color eyes as me.
  • both of my boys had blue eyes when they were born and my oldest is 5 and my other little boy is 3 and they both still have blue eyes
  • Is yanessa cute pronounced like janessa
  • both of my kids were born with gray eyes, and my son's turned light brown and my girl's (17months now) are still pretty grayish...
  • Oopsies i was suppose to post that on my name post lol
  • Babys are born with Grey-blue eyes. Or a shade lighter then what they are going to be. You can only gain pigments. You can loose it. So they will either stay basicly the color born or will darken to what ever color they will be. My kids were both brown but had a blue haze about them. I was hoping for a light eyed baby. Thats when I found out they can't lighten. As @Maggie said they gain pigment once exposed to natural light. On my third, hoping for a light eyes curly head!!! :)
  • we asians have dark brown/black eyes.... really envy those with blue/green eyes... so pretty! :*
  • @Sheron ya, my husband is Philipino, and has super dark eyes. Both my kids have beautiful brown eyes. His jeans being very dominate. But I have very blue eyes, and all my family has blue eyes. Including grandmas most cuz and brothers and sisters, parents. So hoping for Hazel eyes? and hoping this one will have his moms curly hair! We shall see though. Prob gonna be like the other two, they are gorgious though So I can't really complain!! lol
  • Hi @kmose77, just lamenting for a while, i don't mind how my son looks as long as his healthy....lol!! :-j
  • LOL ya me too. But it would be fun :)
  • Mine a pretty pretty green, my bf are dark sexy brown! My family mostly has color eyes, his brown. We want our baby to have my eyes.
  • I was always told that babies r born with blue eyes. I have grey eyes which my bf says r sexy and would like for the baby to have. And my bf has really pretty green eyes with a brown outer rim which I really like. So either way I think the baby will have pretty eyes.
  • Mine r green my hubbys are hazel and our sons eyes are light blue :-) .iv gt red hair my hubbys brown n son white blond so completely different lol
  • Yeah I heard blue eyes except ig the baby is dark skinned then brown usually I think byt my son is white although back tracking does have australian aboriginal in him born brown n stayed, second born blue still blue/green hubby is brown I'm green see what no3 has shes gonna be 6orgeous I just know lol
  • Both My daughters were born with dark blue eyes. Now they both have bright blue eyes. I have brown and my husband has blue.
  • My eyes are light green with dark blue circles around them ....my boyfriends are a rich chocolate brown kinda curious too.