post partum depression

How can the doctor help you with this? Ny depression has gotten worse since I got pregnant and delivered and idk what to do

Comments

• I'm so sorry hun. Please talk to your doctor as soon as you can. They can determine if you possibly need medication for the extent of your depression. Also, @mommy2isaiahngiselle made a post with some WONDERFUL coping strategies in it. I'll find it and bump it for you. Please don't be worried or ashamed to reach out for help.
  • @TishJ330 thank you. I only have had my son six days ago but I can't handle it. I'm so miserable, anxious, haven't slept, lack of eating, cry spells, frustrated easily, I even got frustrated with my husband for sleeping when I was staying up all night that I gave the wedding ring back and said I wanted a divorce, and wanted to leave.
  • Awww sweetie! It'll get better. Remember not only is this all brand new, you ARE a first time mom. Your hormones are out of whack, and it can seem so crazy at times. I think that it is so important that you have recognized that you see a problem and you want help. Your doctor will tell you that you are not the first case, nor will you be the last case of PPD he's seen. Be true to yourself and respect the fact that you are not feeling right. If you need medication to help even you out, please get it, and take it. You'll feel so much better once you start helping yourself. Pregly, I think, is an excellent outlet, and you should continue to call on your fellow mommas for support and advice.