could this happen 2 me also?!

edited September 2011 in Giving birth
when my mom was preggo with me (i was her 1st), she was at the hospital in labor...i was giving her a really hard time coming out, i didnt want to come out...the docs were literally on top of her pushing down on her belly & had their hands all in her cooch tryna bring me out....no luck....she ended up having a c-section cause of my stubbornness :/ come to find out, she was too small 4 me 2 push out...

so my question is, could that happen 2 me?! im 37wks & go 2 the doc on thursday...i really wanna avoid a c-section :(

Comments

• It could.. but with my first I was 95lbs and 5ft and I pushed out a 7lb 4oz and 20.5 in baby!
  • Are you shaped like your mom?
  • @lily_glz we're almost the same...im 5'1 & started at 103lbs...now im 129...my mom is about 1 or 2 inches taller & was thicker than me...still skinny tho...i meant that she was small 'down there'...lol
  • @librababii I wouldn't stress too much over it yet. If your doctor thought you had a smaller than able pelvic bone, I'm sure he would have mentioned it by now. Were there any complications for delivery based on size for your dad's side of the family. It's the wonderful about genetics...we aren't always shaped like our mothers to a T. :) Don't stress until you know and even then. That bundle of joy has to come out one way or another and when you're holding the baby, it won't matter how it got into your arms, only that it's safe. :)
  • @beaded_bunny shes about 1 or 2 inches taller than me but when she was preggo, she was skinny too...not like me, but still not big...but she said she was too small 'down there'...
  • edited September 2011
    @misskristin very true!!! & on my dads side, im not sure....but i doubt it...my grandma popped out 4 kids like nothing...& even on my moms side, my grandma popped out 8!!! so im not sure...i guess ill just ask him on thursday & see what he says...i was just a lil paranoid...
  • That's what I mean your hips and such. Height doesn't mean anything to baby. I wouldn't worry to much about it go over your fears with your Ob maybe he/she can help you over come your fears. %%- %%- %%-
  • If your concerned talk to your doctor. But you don't know until you try :)