I think I need a new doctor! Update at bottom!

edited September 2011 in Loss
So everyone that reads my post knows the kind of high risk pregnancy and loss that my family and I have had recently. Many times in the last 3 weeks I have called my doctor complaining of cramping and bleeding. The nurse said it was normal. So today I am in the shower and tired of cramping I decide I am going to check my cervix. Guess what....the freaking suture that helped cause my infection is still in my cervix. At this point I am panicing so I call and the nurse said we can see you on Friday. Two days from now....hello dont you think I have been through enough!

Comments

• The user and all related content has been deleted.
  • Ugh. The risk of infection is too great. I'd go to the er and have then remove it and give me antibiotics just in case. You could also try calling thhe OBs office again and asking to speak with the Dr who is available because they will understand how important your situation is and how you should be seen asap. If the doc pushes you off, get a new one for sure.
  • What the heck?!
  • Who's your doctor here?
  • Where r u from? I noticed the bama gear in ur pic. Im from cherokee co.
  • @usmcwifemommy101107 I will call them again tomorrow to see someone else. I tried today but the nurse said no.

@sophiasmommy11 His crap is getting old!

@rtmommy My thought exactly! The nurse said are you sure it isnt an external stitch...wtf! Addison was only 1pound hello I know what my cervix feels like!

@bentleymommy dr thorne...see you in a few!
  • @eaparker We live in Phenix City Alabama. That picture is from the bama game we went to last fall.
  • @october15baby My baby was born at 22 weeks 3 weeks ago. She passed away at birth...
  • @babynewyear2012 I guess every doctors nurses staff is rude here! All the nurses at my ob office were rude and would just push you to the side like it was nothing. Sometimes they wouldn't even give my ob my messages so I would definitely call back and tell them you want to directly speak with your doctor.
  • Are you still taking antibiotics? Have them check your uterus for any placenta that might be left. I would call back and tell them to see you asap or you are getting a different doctor.
  • WOW. Thats some bull! They should definitely be a little more kind and help you sooner since you're obviously worried about it; with good reason. I'm sorry life hasnt gone easy for you, sending love :X
  • @ll10 no I havent been on antibiotics since the day she was born. I am so mad at him!!
  • What? I had to be on antibiotics for 10 days. And when they found placenta left over 3 weeks later (I hated my doctor too) I had to be on it for another 10 days.
  • We used to go to Phenix city a couple times a year when my dad was racing. I would definitely call back. That needs to be taken care of asap.
  • If you can afford it, I would probably go to the ER. If you get an infection, it could make your fertility even more difficult. : ( You need to be on antibiotics at least. Good luck!
  • What the @#-+-$!! What is wrong with so many dr.s?!?! I would be pissed... try to fight it and get in asap, then try to change doctors. You don't need someone like this, who doesn't seem to have you and your health in his best interest. :( I'm sorry u have to put up with it.
  • So I took all of the advice but I could not go to the er so I called to see who was on call and had the doctor paged....basically now he is mad at his nurse and says I have to get on antibiotics right away and be at the office at 9 am tomorrow. He said the nurse described it to him like a suture from delivery that would desolve....really! I told her ass it was in my cervix and that is on the inside of my vagina last time I checked! Why cant they just listen to us...now I have to get my son out to go to the pharmacy late on a school night!
  • It gets better...i get dressed again and go to the pharmacy but they dont have my medicine in stock....no problem I do not mind waking his ass up agai, I mean this is all his fault! So they had to change my medicine. Cant I please get a break. This momma is about to have a nervous break down!
  • :( what the heck. I wanna throat punch your doctor and his nurses.
  • edited September 2011
    I dont think a throat punch is not good enough for her right now. She told him it was a suture from an episiotomy. Stupid lady Addison was 1pound!
  • Wowww. I would try to sue them. How the heck you rip or have to have an episiotomy?! I would raise hell when you go in tomorrow morning.
  • @bentleysmommy I emailed my attorney before our dinner tonight. It will not bring my Addi back but maybe these people will learn to listen to their patients.
  • Good! Keep me posted on your appointment tomorrow.
  • @babynewyear2012 I'm glad you stuck up for yourself. Good for you for getting what you need. I really wouldn't blame your doc in this situation. He acted appropriately, but I'd be trying to get his nurse fired for sure. He didn't know the antibiotic would be out of stock. And I'm glad you have an early appt to have the cerclage removed properly.