anyone who has given birth have a gamer hubby/bf/bd? (vent along if you have one)

Have they changes any? Less gaming more family time maybe he plays when he can which is usually after work. He is an xbox lover lol and as we speak is "practicing" for a new game that is coming out idk why his practicing when our daughter is due in a week and 3 days. He thinks its going to be this easy to play with a newborn in the room. I know he's going to be a great dad when she's here but I was just kinda wondering what to expect when she is finally here.

Comments

• Hmmmmm me too. Mine is due in about a week. And bf keeps saying he "can just see our perfect life" after baby, with baby in play crib and him playing video games.....I'm like uhhh what am I doing in this "perfect" vision? Ohhh right, I'm doing EVERYTHING else....
  • Right! When he's in between games he lays back and says "see she's going to be right here next to me" with his arm out like he's holding her but as soon as a game starts he sits up real quick. Umm and our daughter is she suppose to sit up too lol these guys are crazy.
  • Mine too Adrian crawls on the floor and tries to take the controller to the playstation 3, it is cute. But he still makes time to play with her, Adam usually plays mostly at night or when she is napping.
  • @shimattsbaby no your supposed to put the tv and game system on the ceiling lmao.
  • edited September 2011
    @krazymomofadrian if I told him that jokingly he would probably try doing it lol I better keep my mouth shut
  • I'm being induced tomorrow. My husband spent an hour and a half playing a game today while i was going through stuff making sure we had stuff packed asking for help. I got very irritated with him and he was clueless. >_<
  • @newmominsept its been like that my whole pregnancy lol I didn't mind it cuz he wasn't bothering me while I cleaned or put babys things away but now its getting a little annoying
  • Yeah, thats how its been for me too. I tried really hard not to let it.bother me, cuz.I.figure its.his way of relieving stress from work and everything, but just today... I was SOOOOO grrrrr... I just needed him to pay attention to me and our stuff and ah!! Baby girl is going to be here tomorrow! Put the controller down!!
  • Yea that might be for the better, Smack him with the controller. lol Or give him the silent treatment. OR better yet tell him your going into labor right in the middle of the game, then let him freak out and then tell him it was a joke. i know Adam would kill me. It might be hard to play wii like that though your arm would get tired.
  • @newmominsept there is something for you up there I am just an idiot and forgot to separate it lol.
  • @krazymomofadrian haha that is a GREAT idea!! Maybe if I don't go in tomorrow until a little later to be induced and he plays his.video games ill do that just for the fun of it hahahaha Would that be cruel??
  • @newmominsept yea I would probably be the same way I think ill have to get induced also so ill probably be in ur shoes on a few days. I bet while ur in labor waiting to dialate he will be wishing he had his game right in front of him I know mine will be thinking that lol
  • edited September 2011
    @kraztmomofadrian that would be hilarious if my water broke in the middle of a game lol hmm how can I fake that without peeing on myself :-?
  • He will be playing angry birds on his cell phone. I can already see it.
  • No he should have helped you. Lol tell him it is a part of his pay back for later. That way he will be tortured thinking what is next.
  • @NewMomInSept Omg I was feeling like the only 1. My boyfriend literally told me he can't c his son on Sundays because I don't have Football Sunday Ticket added to my cable package (we don't/can't lol live together). Then we just had a fight 3 days ago because between his two jobs and madden xbox fetish, I have to schedule quality time with him. I hate football season. I usually get all the attention but now if I go to talk to him while he playing his stupid game, he yells and calls me a jinx. And do you think he in bed with me now?...hell no. And the fool got work at 9. I better not hear how tired he is when It's time for work cuz I'm snapping out.(Sorry such long comment just venting.)
  • Angry birds is my game ill probably be playing it while waiting lol but That's a good idea I should record his reaction.
  • @newmominsept see above ^^ is it bad that I would be too. @shimattsbaby go into the bathroom scream OMG I think my WATER JUST BROKE, make him come running and freak out, tell him to grab everything and get ready lol while you sit in the bathroom laughing, then say nevermind I just peed. Then give him your sweetest smile.
  • @yung_danz28 I should add that in the title vent along if you'd like lol but what should Sunday be a father son quality time over watching football? I'm glad my hubby isn't into football that would be on top of his xbox the gym and his motorcycle lol but good luck
  • @krazymomofadrian lol oh how that's sounds perfect I like how you think but idk if I could keep a straight face it would be so hard not to laugh
  • @yung_dans28 yeah mine is pretty much like that. I wanted to practice breathing last night but he wanted to play madden also. I fell asleep.waiting for him to.finish his.game. my other let prevent, when he's.playing I have to.repeat myself several times before I get a "huh?"
  • Mine is obsessed with his ps3. He is a wonderful dad. He is teaching amirah about the controller lol. Yea sometimes I want to punch him cause he will prop her bottle to finsh madden but that's once in a while. I'm okay with the gaming its his only release.
  • @shimattsbaby @krazymomofadrian its not bad ull also be playing only bad for my hubby cuz he zones out completely...
  • @proudmomma maybe he is teaching her the shapes that are on the buttons in between games lol
  • All in all I think once Sophie is here my hubby will honestly cut back on the xbox and pay more attention to her... This is our first and he is really psyched... And like @proudmomma said, it is my hubby only release also... I shouldn't complain so much, but today just made me mad... I think for all our husbands/bf/bd they will all change with the birth of our little ones... Being a daddy is.a.big deal :-D
  • Lol not really lmao. He gives it to her when she's mad. But not so much now since she's teething.
  • @newmominsept your right and also hubby has been playing games for years and when we met that was one thing he told me which I don't mind I rather him be home playing games with me right next to him then him out at the bar or on the streets and they will be great dads.
  • @proudmomma my hubby has a broken controller he gives to my niece when she wants to play he will probably do the same thing
  • Awwe @proudmomma how old is she now?? Adrian tries to take the controller from Daddy along with my phone. She likes it lol.