anyone who has given birth have a gamer hubby/bf/bd?

Have they changes any? Less gaming more family time maybe he plays when he can which is usually after work. He is an xbox lover lol and as we speak is "practicing" for a new game that is coming out idk why his practicing when our daughter is due in a week and 3 days. He thinks its going to be this easy to play with a newborn in the room. I know he's going to be a great dad when she's here but I was just kinda wondering what to expect when she is finally here.

Comments

• My hubby is a gamer.but he doesnt spend 8 hours at a time playing. He know when to put the controller down. Im not worried about how he will be once our baby is born. Its his stress relife and ill probably have to go tell him to play lol
  • Bump again.
    Does he happen to be "practicing" for gears of war3??
  • Lol that's right I heard something about Gears of War3 can't remember what though.
    My hubby has been betta testing the new online star wars game and has been playing it for a month and the other day they closed it down so now he is all bummed. It doesn't come out until October maybe, he was hopping to be reinvited to finish its testing but its not looking like that will happen poor guy.
    So right now he is playing Infamous 2 but that's not as fun as his Star Wars
  • Mine is an xboxer! Guess what, practicing Gears 3! Lmao. If you're breast feeding strictly from the boob, there isn't a whole he can do. When mine is home from work, I make him help with diapers, and what I call 'bonding time' with the three of us. He also takes out the bag of dirty diapers everyday, hands me a clean onesie or burp cloth if I need them. We're all in the same room, so nothing is too far for him to get me. He holds & soothes her when I need to go potty.

So even though he's up xbox's ass, he still helps. I had the same-ish worry before Malia got here.
  • @loveourlittleone yes gears of war 3 he just sold a game he just bought last week so he didn't have to spend that much for this game oh and he pre ordered it like a few months ago lol
  • @Caroline8_p I hope that's how it is he says he's going to help if he could at least put in an effort ill be happy
  • Yeah...my bf is already making plans to play the campaign through with his buddies the weekend it comes out "no matter how long it takes" and he lied about having a dentist appointment so he could come in late to work the day after it comes out. Our baby is due October 7th but I'm secretly wishing he comes a little early and interferes with daddy's playing.
    And another call of duty comes out in November or December...all I've got to say is of his playing gets in the way of helping with the baby I'm taking the controllers and hiding them.
  • edited September 2011
    My husband is not a gamer in any way, but he does like to play Madden when he needs some down time. This always turns into an all day and night event. It was maybe a couple times a month. Well, we have a 19 month old daughter and #2 is due in a couple weeks. When we were in the hospital when #1 was born I told him he could not do that anymore and the first time he did it I would through him and his PS3 out of the house. He hasn't played it since. His Birthday is the weekend Madden comes out and I always buy him the newest version. I didn't last year and this year he told me not to buy it for him b/c he doesn't need it and doesn't care to play it anymore. Maybe it was my ultimatum, maybe it was having a family, maybe he just grew up/out of it...I don't know, but we are all happy. We are both 31 years old, so I'm happy he gave it up. Just seems like things teenage boys do, not fathers, husbands, or men with serious careers...just my opinion.
  • My baby daddy loves his ps3. I let him play it cuz,i also,like to,play. I dnt believe its just for little boys cuz he is very mature. He takes care of our baby and has 2 careers. Thats his relaxation time.
  • @loveourlittleone lol him and his friends have already planned out what time they will be at gamestop Monday night I told him what if I go into labor Monday he said he's friend well get it for him I'm due Sept 25 but I'm with you on that I hope my baby comes early too
  • @bettymomma :( sorry you have to go through that his mom has been telling he will change he will stop playing it's not that I don't want him to its just I want him to be more involved which I really hope he is