Was i wrong?

Hubby and I are watching the finale of Americas Got Talent and LeAnn Rimes performed and I made.comment about how sad it was that when she first became popular she was of a normal weight, maybe a little heavy but nothing bad. But then the media made fun of her weight and now she is all anorexic looking. He jumped all down my throat saying I was being overly judgemental, as much as.the media, bcuz I called her anorexic. Then he told me he didn't want me teaching our little girl crap like that.

I didn't think I was being mean to LeAnn Rimes! I was defending her from the media (I thought?). But it seriously hurt my feelings and made me feeble I was going to be a.bad mom... Am I wrong?? Was he just being overly sensitive? Or was i??

Comments

• Omg you didn't do anything wrong! Does he have a crush on her lol? I agree with you.
  • I agree too.
  • @proudmomma @adri805 I don't think so. He randomly gets on my case about things like that. I used to be really self conscious about my appearance bcuz of some bad relationships before him and how those guys treated me and made me think I looked... So I used to get really jealous about good looking women. I don't anymore. I haven't for over a year... So Idk if its just he holds onto that thinking I'm reverting back to that mentality or what... But I feel stupid or like imbalance really bad person and or will be a.bad mother when he says stuff like that.
  • i agree with u there! she doesnt look good! my hubby and i r watching it right now because im 6 hrs behind eastren time lol! and my hubby said she looks old n like crap...
  • I don't think it was cool of him to sat that
  • edited September 2011
    @mandac10 she just needs like 10-15 more pounds, maybe even 20? And GOOD SHOW!! we have probably the last 10 mins left now... Only two acts left... So dramatic!
    @adri805 I had two friends in hs that were anorexic and they battled with it for a long time and looked like her. I tried to explain that to hubby, he just s&rugged me off like whatever and said lets just stop talking about this and watch the show.
  • Maybe u should talk to him in the morn when he's cooled off.
  • @adri805 the topic is gone now... I'll bring it up.at a later time and tell him how.much it hurts my feelings and that it makes me feel like a bad person. Maybe then he won't jump.all over me like that... now is just not the time to start what could.become an argument.
  • I get jealous lol. I have low self esteem and what sucks is that he isn't the complimenting type. But I'm getting over it. Maybe just let him be and don't take it personally. He may just be worried that uour daughter may go through what u did. Talk to him about it without really making it obvious. Like maybe say how good you feel and that you are glad you have your confidence back and that you feel bad for women in the spot light like LeAnn. Maybe then he will realize what you meant. Guys have selective hearing and when they hear something negative just once they seem to think that's what we are saying constantly. My bd thinks I will be sayong something negative when I'm not.
  • Yeah I agree
  • @proudmomma thanks!! I will! That's a very good point.
  • I hope it works. I have been trying to act like I'm all that cause if I even say ugh I'm bloated I feel fat he says I don't have confidence! So I'm tired of him saying it so I'm trying to change it. Guys are strange!
  • So just bring it up without bringing it up lol. Just remember talk about how sexy u feel ect to mask it