5 months and not a big belly...

edited February 2011 in Second Trimester
Well not as big as I would of thought I would have, I figured it would of been out there and its just a little bit now. When I went to the Dr. Feb. 2nd the baby was healthy size and everything was good...could me not being big mean the baby isnt growing fast enough? I'm average size, 5'5 I just wondered if anyone else is the same too? Like, smaller than they expected to be.

Comments

• Im six months (ill b six months fri. Feb 25 2011) and I have a really small stomache as well. People have told me its normal but I will ask him this friday..cuz ultrasound revealed baby is right size n healthy cuz I also got cystic fibrosis testing.
  • Hi and yes I have. My belly and my breasts arnt that big. I'm 5 ft4 and weigh 190 but still I'm not as big as some women I c. I'm wondering if its bc of malnourishment
  • @alexandersmommy22 my baby was the right size in the beg. Of this month and I can feel his kicks. I've gained maybe 10 lbs so far and its strange to me I think...the Dr said I am slender but no big belly lol :/
  • @Lol123 have you been to a Dr yet? As long as you take your vitamins and eat decently you shouldn't have to worry about malnutrition.

I guess there is a part of me that's worried something may be wrong...I ate sushi every week my first trimester bc I didn't find out until I was 4 months
  • I wouldn't be worried hun. Especially if this is your first. You're supposed to show later with your first. I feel huge, but lots of people have recently told me that I don't look it. My babys kicking and seems to be healthy.
    & I've eaten my share of sushi. ;)
  • Lol thank you :)
  • Is this ur first? I wad small til I hit 7month with my first. Im on my fourth and look like im going to pop. Im 23 weeks lol
  • @momma_luvz__her_4 this is my first. I wonder why it matters, like why women get bigger quick later on
  • From my understanding its because their tummy muscles have already stretched.
  • I had a friend that was hardly showing when she delivered.
  • Hmm...well thanks for the reassurance ladies. I hope my lil man is ok :) he's kicking around now actually lol. Good luck to you all
  • @camommy really that's crazy was the baby ok
  • Im 21 weeks and barely showing. 5'4". I was 131 lbs starting out and weigh 136 now. My first Preg too. Dr doesn't seem to be worried.
  • The baby was perfect she just had a long torso he weighed almost 8 pounds.
  • @salsabia that's good. @camommy that's awesome that it was healthy
  • I also had a friend who looked about 4 or 5 months prego when she delivered! Her baby was fine she was small but healthy.. she was behind a bit on her development. It just took her longer to crawl and walk and stuff but I think it had a lot to do with her mom too that would always carry her and not let her be on the floor for tummy time
  • Yeah my mom did that with me a bit
  • I barely showed with my first, & it was twins! I had only gained 15 lbs at 5 months, & when I delivered them at 34 weeks, I had actually gained a total of 67 lbs! For when they were delivered they were at the right size. Give it a little time, you'll pop! :)
  • @kriss82001 Wow so it must be the last few months that get you lol. Thank you :)
  • @mscheyla I'm showing a lot more this time around, still not huge, but you can tell.