natural childbirth bradley method

edited September 2011 in Giving birth
Any suggestions? Anyone who has chosen this path? How was it for you? I'm planning for this and was curious how others experience was. I'm a ftm with a high threshold for pain, and I'm known to really push my body to its limits.

Comments

• Me! Hubby and I took the classes, ours was a 12 weeks course, one day a week for two hours. I have learned sooooo much, I never knew so much was involved with giving birth. I have full confidence in being able to give birth naturally. It was so worth it.
    I also ended uo hiring our teacher as my doula lol.
    I very highly recomend it, just the knowledge alone was worth it
  • The user and all related content has been deleted.
  • I am not doing the Bradly Method but something similar. I'm giving birth at a birthing center with a midwife. It's awesome to see other moms do the same thing. I wish you luck, and I hope all goes well \:D/
  • im going natural but i never heard of the bradley method what is it??
  • edited September 2011
    @babyhamm I didn't really use the Bradley Method so to speak, but I went all natural with 3 out my 5 children. And two of them were over 9 pounds. I wanted to do the Bradley Method, but never took the classes, read a little on it and saw some videos and read testimonies. BUt I did practice during labor what they teach, I really focused on my breathing and just trying to relax during and in between contractioons, I used a birthing ball with my last two babies (which I loved) and this last time I requested the preineal massage as baby's head crowned, although my son came out so fast there wasn't anytime for that. ALthough they order some mineral oil to do the massaging, but little(BIG) Liam came too quick and too fast, but still no tears or cuts, thank you Lord! I had no drugs at all either. It was a great/wonderful experience and I would do it all over again a hundred times if I could.