Does Pushing Out The Placenta....

edited September 2011 in First time moms
HURT???

Comments

• It didn't when I had my first two it was more of a relief. It is kinda uncomfortable when the doc pushes on your tummy to male sure everything is out.
  • It didn't hurt...I mean not nearly as bad as pushing the baby out! It just took one contraction and it kinda just plopped out. It was a relief, once it came out I felt so much better.
  • I don't remember it at all. I was busy trying to catch a site of my son. . . He pooed before my water broke so he got rushed to be sucked out and all that
  • @Cait_SeptemberMommy & @mommy2now3 thanks...i really liked the word 'relief'!!! lol
  • I had an epi so I could only feel it kinda plop out lol. Ask for them to show you what it looks like inside and out. It's awesome to see what your baby grew in for 9 months!
  • No to me it felt like when u get a big gush of blood when your on your period but no pain at all. I'm a ftm and I remember everyone telling me that no matter how much pain I was in as soon as baby was born I would forget about it. Now I'm a big baby my pain tolerance is really low so I was like Yea right!! But when I gave birth I felt relief and it was true the moment you see or hear him/her your world stops the pain vanishes and your heart grows.
    So don't worry about after pains. :)
  • @bettymomma that's a good description! It does feel like a giant clot.
  • @librababii it really is because it is the end (usually)!! But like all the other girls said once you see your baby everything is about him/her
  • The part that hurt me was the dr pushing on youre stomach.. I didn't make a noise pushing out my daughter but the after birth I was making alot of noise.. More uncomfortable and I was ready to see my daughter and close my legs lmbo! But it was fast.
  • @mommy2now3 u mean it hurts cuz its the end?? Then u 4get the pain??

I'm sure ill 4get the pain too...the girls at work told me that it kinda hurt...so that's why I asked...
  • Anyone know if they will let u see it if u have a c-section
  • edited September 2011
    I don't think I even pushed mines out... The doc massaged it out of me..i had an epi so I didn't feel it
  • It hurt me. I didn't push it out. My doctor kinda pushed and pulled it out.