Walking epidural!!! have you used one??

edited September 2011 in Giving birth
Ive had two babies.. the first time i used fentenol, (never agian! my son was born groggy and slow to take his first breath!) and the epidural.. with my second i used epidural, (they tried to push demerol and fentinol and i refused.. ill breath thru the pain and wait for my epi if i have to..!!) and i wanted to try the walking epidural.. researched it and it sounds like i would like it better than the reg epidural!! i hate staying in bed!
So if youve used one what was your experience with it and would you do it again??? thanks.. i really hope i get some answers cause this is the only place i blog.. lol

Comments

• Would love to know about this too!
  • :) good! if you dont know bump to keep going.. i just hope someone responds lol
  • @littlenat86 @lae3 i found a website with some pretty good info, here's the link :) http://pregnancy.about.com/cs/epidurals/a/aa090897.htm
  • @littlenat86 @lae3 i found a website with some pretty good info, here's the link :) http://pregnancy.about.com/cs/epidurals/a/aa090897.htm
  • I talked to my dr about this before I decided to just go natural.
    For the most part a "walking" epidural is when it really isn't working its not something they can typically chose to do, also, even if they manage to get it to be a walking epidural they still will not alow you out of the bed. So you're still stuck in bed, but you can move in the bed. The reason being it still numbs you to much for you to be able to support yourself out of the bed.
    Once you get the epi, you aren't leaving the bed.
  • I just got out of the hospital with my baby today. :) I had a c/s and the spinal epi but this is the first time they kept my epi in my back for two days. It was amazing. With a c/s you can't get up for the first day... well with my c/s at least but the second day was so awesome... I had mine still in and was walking around... going to the rest room... they even let hubby take me in a wheelchair for a walk outside with it still on. I didn't really feel much pain when it was in and there was a little boost button that I could push that had demarol (sp?) In it every hour for pain. It really is worth it if they will let u have It.
  • thanks ladies.. i was just hopeing for a different option.. i want to go natural too but ive been induced twice and its so much harder to go natural..