Back labor?

edited September 2011 in Labor
Im having alot of pain and pressure in my lower back and im not sure if its back labor or what.. Anyone experienced back labor and can help me out.. Im already 3 cm and 80%.. Thanks for your help!

Comments

• I had back labor, never had contractions that went to my front though, it was all in my back.... at first I thought it was just back pain but it got stronger, 3 days later haha.. usually they say the pain starts in the back and moves to the front.. when you walk around or change positions does it still hurt?
  • Yes it still hurts no matter how i am positioned, and after a hot shower too..
  • edited September 2011
    Mine was like the back.pain you get with your period, but 100x worse...almost a burning and ripping sensation it was in my back and wraped around to the front, around my hips mainly. It wasn't constant. It came in waves like regular contractions do. I would call the OB on call or labor and delivery. Sounds like you might be progressing! Please keep me posted! Good luck!
  • I get my contractons n my back to mine is a constant pain in lower bak an sumtimes in bak of my hip
  • I had 100% back labor for the whole 2 days I was in labor... It hurt so bad. I went the first day without pain meds because I was supposed to have her that day sense it was an induction but they stopped it at 5 pm when I finally asked for it and because I wasnt progressing. They started again bright and early at 6am and started pitocin again. All I can say is if you want an epidural, dont hesitate lol! I'm a ftm and had no idea what to expect but regardless, she's well worth it. I'll pray for you and can't wait to read the update!!! :-)
  • Thank you ladies, i went and was contracting,but so far im still the same! Military drs ughhh.. The scared the crap out of me when they checked me said they felt something wierd like the cord got me all upset thinkin something was wrong and when the dr actually came to check he said he didnt feel anything! It was awful! Thanks for the prayers im ready for her to come so i have no more worries.
  • Thank you ladies, i went and was contracting,but so far im still the same! Military drs ughhh.. The scared the crap out of me when they checked me said they felt something wierd like the cord got me all upset thinkin something was wrong and when the dr actually came to check he said he didnt feel anything! It was awful! Thanks for the prayers im ready for her to come so i have no more worries. .
  • Thank you ladies, i went and was contracting,but so far im still the same! Military drs ughhh.. The scared the crap out of me when they checked me said they felt something wierd like the cord got me all upset thinkin something was wrong and when the dr actually came to check he said he didnt feel anything! It was awful! Thanks for the prayers im ready for her to come so i have no more worries.