does anyone else feel this way about giving birth??

edited September 2011 in Third Trimester
I am a ftm and I honestly have next to no worries about the actual act of giving birth. I'm not scared of labor at all. I get excited when I feel a contraction! But I am TERRIFIED about the weeks following birth and the recovery. I have heard so many awful things about bleeding tons and how bad breastfeeding can hurt. I am so nervous! Does anyone else feel this way?

Comments

• ME ME ME! Lol
    I don't think it scares us because we've never experienced it and we're anxious about seeing our little ones. But I'm scared for the period, periods suck as it is. What the heck will it be like after not having one for so long? Do you bleed 9 months worth of blood? Lol. & breast feeding, ehhh. Ouch. I can't imagine cracked or bloody nipples.
  • I was looking forward to giving birth but I had to have a csection. The bleeding sucks but since you plan on breastfeeding, correct me if I am wrong, it won't be as bad. I was looking for a waterfall of blood everyday for at least 5 weeks. I bled for 2 weeks had my period 4 weeks pp.
    Breastfeeding can hurt but it gets better. Just remember the cream, patience, and time. :)
    I had inverted nipples and I had a time with breastfeeding at first, now I.couldn't imagine not breastfeeding.
  • Umm, no I cannot remember feeling that way my first time. My biggest fear was how having a baby was going to change my life and not for the best. I had a c section the first time. The recovery wasn't so bad. Breastfeeding wasn't that painful either except for the contractions I had while doing it. Honestly, I guess it depends on your pain threshold. I'm having my third child. The recovery from my first two wasn't bad at all so I would say that you shouldn't be having any fears. I will say this though. Don't have any expectations when going into labor because it never goes like you have planned. I say that because a lot of pregnant women have their hearts set on labor going a certain way and when it doesn't they are let down and get depressed. The same also applies to breast feeding. Just sit back, relax, enjoy the rest of your pregnancy and don't stress about what will happen after giving birth. Your body is going to do what it is ment to do and will heal like it needs to. Stressing will only make your down time worse. I hope that makes sense because I think I just rambled and didn't get my point across like I wanted to. Lol
  • I felt that same way about labor too unto I went into labor. I went through the contractions for 15 hours, could hardly sleep and my epidural stopped working when I hit 8cm Lol I had a c section after all that because my pelvis just wouldn't open. That c section was great cause by that point I was just in so much pain. It's all completely worth it in the end tho of course. Not trying to scare you, it wasn't as scary I just made it sound. The contractions are basically terrible period cramps I think I just got tired at the end. When are you due? Whats your birth plan looking like?
  • @MiracleM2B not everybody's nipples crack and bleed. Use the cream religiously. And always unlatch properly.
  • The user and all related content has been deleted.
  • I'm not worried or scared n its my second time. Just like my first time. Only thing I'm.not looking fwd to is the bleeding it grosses me the hell out. Eww. BF was not bad. Just felt odd at first. Hurt once in a while ir when they were engorged. It hurts to BF when baby doesn't latch properly