Preemie at 33weeks in nicu

edited February 2011 in Birth Stories
I gave birth to my babygirl thursday at 33weeks n 5 days they gave me steroid shots n she was 4lbs 1oz shes beautiful I've been home since sunday without her. I feel so helpless to her she has jaundice but will be off the lights tomorrow. Did Anybody else have a preemie baby in nicu how did u cope? N trust to leave them in the nurses hands?

Comments

• Im sorry to hear... ive never had a preemie but my last son was janduce...i stayed in the hospital with him cause I breastfed . My cousin was born at 26 weeks she only weighed 2lbs everyone in my.family took shifts at the hospital so someone was always there..i know its hard being away.from your baby but remember they are giving her the care she needs and she will be healthy and home before you know it...can you stay with her.at the.hospital?
  • I cant because I have a son at home he's gonna be 2 n im a stay at home mom n the only person who watches him. Its So hard to be away espeacially tonight because the nurse she had didnt seem like she really cared she just seemed like just another random baby to her
  • Ohh man , some nurses can be kinda mean..just try to stay positive I know its hard . Ill be prayin for your baby girl !!!!
  • Thank u so much god bless u n urs
  • MY sister was apreemie n icu as well my mom had 2 come home wuth me n my bro but was at the hosp all the time ..... My u
  • Sister came home eventually and iys very healthy now so just have faith ur baby wil b fine....and srry for typos I hte this samsung fone
  • My last baby was born at 35wks. She was 4lbs 1oz 16 3/4in. She was in NICU for 3wks to gain weight. Although we weren't found of the hospital in general, the nurses were great with her. She's now 18mos, super healthy, happy&smart. Hang in there!
  • I had my son at 34 weeks I found it really hard to cope I was in tears every time I had to leave him but I tried to be there as much as possible I was also really angry wiv the hospital cause a few days before I had him I went in wiv contrations and they sent me home saying it was tummy pains and didnt give me any injections to make him stronger and Wen I had him he stop breathing for a while and thankfully he pulled through he also had jaundice he IS now 16 months and you wouldnt be able to tell he was a premature baby.
  • Thanx ladies n glad all ur stories ended positive I will just have to have faith
  • My twins were born at 34 weeks, one was 4 lbs 5 oz, the other was 4 lbs 6 oz. I wasn't allowed to stay with them in the hospital because I had seizures. The day they were born, one was taken to the Childrens hospital 20 miles away, & the other was taken 4 days later. I got out of the hospital when the second one was transfered. They were in the hospital for a month. The only thing that kept me going was I kept telling myself that I had to leave them then, so I could have them for the rest of their lives. Thinking of it that way made it seem like a small price to pay. The boys will be 10 this year, & they are perfectly healthy. I'll keep you & your little one in my prayers!
  • I just heard a story from my fiances coworker. She had her son at 28 weeks. Wow. They were in and out of the hospital for almost 3 months. She said the nurses would call her with every update and she went in one time and she broke down in tears cuz her baby boy had iv's all over him even one in the side of his head. But he got better shortly after that. They had to stay in the ronald mcdonald house and the hospital even ended up getting her a hotel room so she could be closer to the baby at night. They ended up getting to go home and she's proud to say that now, 5 years later, he is a handfull. She enjoys every second of it.
    Hang in there honey. Were all praying and hoping everything comes out smoothly.
  • I just heard a story from my fiances coworker. She had her son at 28 weeks. Wow. They were in and out of the hospital for almost 3 months. She said the nurses would call her with every update and she went in one time and she broke down in tears cuz her baby boy had iv's all over him even one in the side of his head. But he got better shortly after that. They had to stay in the ronald mcdonald house and the hospital even ended up getting her a hotel room so she could be closer to the baby at night. They ended up getting to go home and she's proud to say that now, 5 years later, he is a handfull. She enjoys every second of it.
    Hang in there honey. Were all praying and hoping everything comes out smoothly.
  • I just got out of the e.r. about an hour ago because I was leaking fluid and cramping. Everything turned out alright. I'm 32 weeks...