scared!

edited September 2011 in October 2011
Ok! So I have an ultrasound on Monday (9/19) to see how big my baby girl is! I'll be 37 weeks! The doctor is thinkin she is going to be 9 or 10 pounds when I'm full term! If he's right, we will be planning a c-section date! My plan was to have a completely natural, drug-free labor! I am SO scared!!

Comments

• My 39 week ultrasound estimated him @ 10lbs6oz...so they took him next day by csection..because he wasn't on position. He weighed 9lbs 4oz...22in....I was scared but thrilled to get him here n know it wouldn't end in an emergency csection because he was stuck...good luck mama
  • My friend just had a 10 pound baby vaginally. You will be okay but no one would blame you if you decided to get an epidrial. :)
  • I want to try to have her vaginally even if she is that big, but my doctor isn't giving a choice! He says its too dangerous to try.... I was 10 lbs 1 oz and my bd was 8lbs 7oz so I know she will be big!
  • They aren't always accurate on measurements either she could be 8 or 9 lbs and them tell you shes 10lbs. Good luck I hope you are able to deliver natural like you want. I want natural as well. :)
  • Ok, had my ultrasound and she's estimated to weigh 9 pounds right now but they still won't schedule anything! Hopefully they will schedule something at my 38 week appt! I want her out! Don't care how anymore as long as she's healthy!
  • @Cole_plus_one I feel the same way now when is your due date?
  • @MerandaGarcia my due date is october 9th, so I'm 37 + 2 right now.
  • Ultrasounds that late in the gane can b off as much as 2lbs either way. Remember u r paying the dr not him paying u to come to his practice, it is your body not his and if u want to have this baby vaginally then u can. My 3rd daugther weighed 9lb6oz and I did it, u can to momma, stand your ground and make sure the person u have going w u is on the same page as u and can b an advocate for u. @homebirthadvocate might b able to give u more info as well.
  • I promise you wouldn't be the first to deliver a 10 lb baby vaginally...you should be just fine. Why did your doctor say it was dangerous?? Your doc can't make you have a c section.