MAN, I feel like a WOMAN!

edited September 2011 in Birth Stories
My precious baby boy, Ethan, finally arrived on September 15, 2011 at 6:50 pm!

My hubby and I could not be more thrilled and absolutely head over heels in love with our little angel! He is perfect in every way!

He came after 42 weeks of waiting! The last two weeks were dreadful for me but not because I was uncomfortable or "tired of being pregnant" but because I was very concerned about having to be induced. We chose to birth our baby at a natural birth center--a waterbirth with no drugs--and as time progressed our plan seemed to become less and less possible. However, thanks to my fabulous midwife and God our little boy came right at 42 weeks.

Two days before he was born, my midwife did a membrane sweep and gave me homeopathic remedies (including castor oil) to take--at this point I was only 1/2 cm dilated. The day before he was born I had only progressed to 1 cm so my midwife advised me to take a break from the castor oil and other things she had given me and to just rest. She asked to see me on the morning of the 15th for another membrane sweep. The morning of his delivery, I woke up at 6:00 am with mild but persistent cramps--at 9:00 am I drove to my appointment with my midwife. She swept my membranes and things really kicked into high gear! By 10:00 am contractions had set in and were coming every 3 minutes!! By 10:30 am I had my bloody show and by 12:30 pm my water had broken! After my water broke, my contractions were coming every 2 minutes and things were well underway. By 1:30 pm we were on our way to the birth center--upon arrival I was at 3 cm--1 hour later I was 4 cm ---1 hour after that I was 7 cm! My midwife put me into the birthing tub and after 2 hours of pushing I gave birth to my baby boy! He weighed 8 lbs 7 oz--I did not tear and am now as happy as can be! I feel so accomplished and blessed!

I am so pleased to have birthed our baby drug free! MAN, I feel like a WOMAN! :D

Comments