Should I be induced or just wait..?

edited February 2011 in Giving birth
Okay so here's the situation.. my dr was acting kinda funny at me appt yesterday and it got me thinking. Usually she answers any questions I have, checks baby's heart rate, measures my uterus, and checks for dilation and effacement, but she always standsup and it out of the room asap and never really asks me anything. Well yesterday all she did was check babys hr and check my cervix and then she sat down and started asking me lots of labor and delivery questions. She then made the statement "well we can go ahead and make u an appt for next week if u want"! It was really weird. Then she informed me that she would not be on call this weekend and asked if I want to get induced! My family is telling me to do the induction but I'm confused! She is the only ob I've seen since I moved to louisiana and I really don't want to my life in the hands of a dr I don't know.. but I would also like to go naturally and actually be pregnant for my babyshower on sat!! What do u ladies think I should do? Btw I'm 38 wks today!

Comments

• If she shares an office with other obs then it all depends when u go into labor and who is on call. I had one baby natural...one was induced. It's def a diff experience and induction can b slower. I say if u want ur doc for sure induction isn't end of world but if u wanna know what natural process is like and don't mind random doc wait. My doc x practices by himself so I always kno it'll b him delivering
  • whar part of the boot r u n
  • Um from la too lol what part r u from? In my opinion on the case is r u having any early signs of contraction? If so i would induce...r u and bd comfortable with the idea of inducing?.. take a look at what ur birth plan is..and if its nessecary to change it..do u like the other drs? It depends on these type of factors..if ur cool with it and/or comfortable with the idea then go for it but if not stick with ur birth plan
  • @billye910 and @kritten_octoberbby I live in west monroe/monroe. Well I was induced with my last one and all I had to have was pitocin to get things going. I have been having some signs that labor is near such as more frequent bh contractions, I'm 2cm 70% effaced, loose bowels [sorry tmi] and I had lots of energy a few days ago anld now I just feel like "blah"! I'm not opposed to being induced I'm just not sure if I'm ready yet mentally! Lol and I don't know any other ob's around here. I know she shares her practice with other dr's but I've only seen her since I lived here!
  • I say go natural! I think the drugs they use for induction are kinda sketchy and you'll want your ob to deliver your baby, not a stranger.
  • The user and all related content has been deleted.
  • The user and all related content has been deleted.
  • I got induced so my baby was born a week early I came in Friday night an only dilated to 2 cm in 11 hours so I got a c section my daughter was fine she just has a little bit of jaundice but hope to god we might if there's a little bit of hope we'll go home today but its up too you really I say wait until after your baby shower :X
  • Sounds to me like your about to deliver soon anyway. I was induced with my son because I did not like one of the dr in the practice so I just wanted to make sure I got one I liked. If I were you id set it up for later in the week to give yourself time. But really in don't think being induced is a bad thing! Personally i dont enjoy pain so id rather be in the hospital when my strong labor starts. Good luck on whatever you decide.
  • Thank u ladies so much! I want to wait also I'm just worried that my ob won't be there and then some stranger will be there!!
  • edited February 2011
    would u wait even if u will b getting induced 3 days b4 ur due date? Cause thats what im planning on doing if my baby doesnt come out on his own 4 personal reasons.