if im already 1.5 cm dialted n 50% effaced how much longer?

edited September 2011 in Pregnant
I'm 1.5 cm dialted 50% effaced and contractions about 8 minutes apart. I'm not due till Oct. 26 so will I even make it to my due date ?

Comments

• Could be weeks, if its your first. I was at 2cm from 34-38wks with my first! But if you are having contractions that are timeable you need to call l&d. You don't want baby coming out this early, hun.
  • The user and all related content has been deleted.
  • @ 2ndbutfirst
    @new_baby_in_Oct
    @2beforgotten

Thanks ladies .. I went to l&d this morning because I woke up with contractions, but I've been having them the past week. They put me on the monitors and checked me so that's how I know how I'm doing. I don't know how long I've been 1.5cm dialated. But I'm still having the contractions.
  • I've been 4super cm and 80% effaced for a month now...boo lol
  • My dr said its ok if I have my daughter now I'm 1cm and I'm not due till oct 21st so don't b scard...good luck hun
  • @firsttimemommy0928 oh wow I hope i stay that way since I'm only 34+4
  • @ babyondaway2 yea the nurse said it would be okay the rate for problems is low and since I'm almost 35 weeks ill be okay. But my contractions are still coming and getting a little more stronger so I'm nervous
  • I was at 4 cm 50% at 34 1/2 weeks. Ever since then my dr has been saying there's no way I'll make it to my due date. At 37 weeks I progressed to 5cm and 90%. I have no idea what I'm at now, but I'll be 40 wks thurs. I guess my little guy just wants to prove the dr wrong :)