VBAC

Yesterday I went to the doctor and she said I had to make a decision either have another csection or a natural delivery. I do not want yo have another csection because I don't have the help I need to get up and down since my baby daddy and I aren't together. I have a 14 month old and I want to have her around. But the doctor said that the risks of having a vbac is my uterus can rupture and I could bleed to death. But its very rare. And they don't have any anesthesiology on call if something was to happen. I don't know what to do but I have 2 weeks to make my mind up but I really want to give birth naturally. I need help if anybody has had a vbac please help me

Comments

• I'm hoping to have a vbac too. I haven't even been to the Dr yet, but I'm gonna talk to quite a few to see if I can get someone willing to work with me on it. I had 2 vag births and the 3rd was a c-sec. Lil guy tried to shake the Drs hand lol!! Would have broke his collar bone if I had tried vag.
  • I went to my first ob appointment and he told me he doesn't attempt vbac because he saw a lot of problems. I am scared as well and want a vaginal delivery sooo bad. As us warriors that have had it both ways know its much better vaginally!! I would go with what your gut is telling you. Whatever makes you more comfortable. Csections are horrible but if its scheduled maybe you can find someone to help you out for the tough days!! That first week is always the worst so think about it by weighing out your options! I would love for someone to post that's had a vbac but at least u know there's people in your same situation. Good luck. And let us know how it goes :)
  • I know what a c section is but what is vbac
  • Nikki, its vag birth after c-section.
  • Oh thank you :)
  • When I had my c-section it was horrible. Now me and my baby's daddy aren't together so he can't help. But I think I'm gonna go with the easiest thing and that's the vaginal birth. This would be my first time giving birth naturally but I don't want to go through the pain again. But I go to the doctor tomorrow so I can tell my doctor I made my mind up. But if anything was to go wrong she was like they don't have any anesthesiology on call so I'm stuck on that part but I know for a fact that they just wont let me bleed to death
  • I had a vbac an my kids were 10and a half months apart.. if the csection was done bcuz u cldnt dialate then chances r anthr c section wil b done. If the c section was done 4 othr reasons (like mine, his cord was wrapd arnd him keepn him from dropn in2 the birth canal) then a vaginal birth is possible.. this is all wat my dr said.. I'm now expectn my 3rd bby an we're aiming 4 a vaginal delivery since we were successful vbac's the 1st time. Hope this helps good luck on ur delivery :)
  • :( I had a c-section with my 1st, its been 3 years and my doctor said I have to have a c-section again.... I wish that I could have vbac .. its crazy cuz when I had my c-section I had to do it cuz my daughter was looking "sunnyside up" mind u I was 9cm dialated about to push til she looked up & wouldn't move her head back to normal.... it sucks that I have to go thru the pain from c-section again
  • @mama_of1cn1ontheway I delivered my daughter sunnyside up. It is possible. And mind you it was in 37 minutes of pushing with a tear that required 4 stitches. She turned when I was pushing. 7lbs 9oz. Your doctor did it just for his/her convenience. There is no reason to not have a vbac unless they cut your uterus up and down instead of side to side, which these days is rare. I would find a new doctor and get a second opinion.
  • I talked to my Dr about a vbac and he said if I walk into his office 9 cm dilated ready to drop my kid on his floor then yeah he's all for a vbac but if there has to be an induction its not a good idea...induction puts a lot of strain on your uterus and can cause it to rupture...so ill Probly schedule another c section...at least I get to pick the day to have the baby
  • My daughter was breech and she wouldn't turn. But I'm gonna tell my doctor that I want to give it a try. But my doctor that I had when I was pregnant with NY daughter said that I can have a vbac.
  • There is risk of rupture no matter how the uterus is cut. Side to side or up and down. It's a small risk, but it's there. Some drs don't want to take on that risk and that's their right because no doubt they would be sued over it if something went wrong. it's also our right to shop around for a new dr. if needed. I've been told that most docs will attempt a vbac after one c section, but not two.
  • Its something like a 1% risk to have a v back. Its also risky to do another c section. Each one you have gets riskyer. I would research the complications of multiple c sections. I have a mid wife who had 2 vajinal deliveries after a c section. And a friend who had a vback as well. she had to change dr's because some just wont do them Not because of risks like they like to say. More cuz its a quick procedure they can schedual, they make like 10 times the money. and its less risk for a law suit if you "feel" you had to do it for "safety" reasons. Plus dr's are surgens. Not midwifes. Most of them have never even witnessed a fully natural birth all the way through. They are there do do surgury, or administer drugs.. Which is great, we need them. But you should be able to deliver your baby how you want. Not just how he wants to keep down insurance fee's and his evening open.
  • i know for a fact that drs do not make a lot more money for a c section. I asked. The insurance co. pays out more but it goes to the hospital to pay for the room, staff, equipment. The net difference to the dr. Is about 50 dollars.
  • I know I can deliver how I want plus I only had one cesarean and I know about the risks of having another one. I'm gonna tell her tomorrow that I do wantto experience a vaginal birth Cause I don't plan on having anymore kids no time soon. I'm just afraid of the risks. And plus if anything was to happen I don't have the support of my baby's father(ex boyfriend)I just want to do the best thing for my baby and myself. I am already dropping but I have made my decision but I just don't want to hear my doctor say all the negative things about a vbac cause I'm easily scared.
  • I had a c-section with my first cuz he was breeched and was too big for me. With this one im just ganna make my appointment for the next repeat and do it again. Im not taking any chances. I got an amazing family support so im not worried. but iv always wanted to try a vbac but my doc tells me that any baby is ganna b too big for me to push. Im very tiny and my first was big...agh. but as long as it's healthy that's all that matters to me :)
  • I had a vbac. He weighed 9lb 7 oz! And i couldn't have drugs. He is healthy and happy :) doctor checked my scar inside after he was born and said everything was fine :) good luck!
  • Hey I just wanted to say I myself had an emergency c section 13months ago and just talked with my Dr last week and they are going to let me have a vbac and yes there are risks and like she said their are also risks for a 2nd c section. She just said they would have me on the monitor the entire time and if they seen anything suspicious they would take me back immediately for a section. I'm very glad they are letting me go with a vbac I am nervous but know ill be in Gods hands
  • @lovingmybabygirls11 ok one thing is making me really mad about your doc. it sounds like he/she doesn't want you to try and that he/she is trying to scare you! Ugh, doctors! Anyhow when I was presented with the choice my doc. told me statistically the risks for a vbac and 2nd c-sec are a wash. The risks are different but the risk of fatality is the same. 1 thing I still say is that if your doc is not supportive he/she may make it more difficult for you. Take charge, stand your ground, it's your body and your choice! Good luck and feel free to contact me with any questions, I had a very successful vbac!
  • Oh and btw your doc is full of crap...they HAVE to have an anisethia (sp) doc on call and everything prepped in case you would need a c-section. I do suggest that you get an epidural just in case, that would be awful to have to be put under.
  • I had a c-section 18mos ago, it was an emergency, but they cut me the normal way, instead of cutting my uterus up&down (which can cause bleeding), so I am hoping to have a VBAC, c-sections hurt horribly. The only positive I could think of as to why I would have one this time is to have my tubes tied easier, as this is our last one. Otherwise, I want nothing to do with being sliced& diced, ouch! Good luck!
  • I went to the doctor yesterday and she knows I'm not going with the csection and she was telling me how I will know when I'm in labor. I'm glad that I have y'all to turn to when things get confusing an scary. @1girland2boys I will definitely come to u if I have any question. All of u ladies cause we Are all different and our bodies are different to and reacts in different ways. So I will be coming to each and everyone of u ladies for answers:)
  • Very useful info. I had a natural birth with my first born, a c section with my second bcuz it was a twin delivery with one live and the other still, now with my 3 rd baby I was highly upset cuz the doctor offered me the option of vbac but then she turned around.and said I needed c section cuz my baby was possibly to large since I had gest. diabetes. Me not knowing so much & scared opt for the c section with out needing it, she was 8lbs 8oz compare to my 1st at 15 years old no medication what so ever with an amazing 9 lbs pushed out with help n advice from my mom so they wouldnt do a c.section. Now I want to deliver naturally knowing the risk cuz I know I can but at my first appoitment when I brought it up to the midwife she said the doctor might not do it! Am very frustrated I want to deliver natural. C sections hurt and I know cuz I have experienved both births
  • Any advice ladies. Thanks!
  • That's ur body and your decision. It took me having to tell my doctor over and over that I didn't want to hve another csection before she could get it through her head. Just tell her that u really don't want to have a csection because of the pain and u don't want to go through the pain and having to take care of ur kids. I hope she will listen but if she don't oh well cause she can't make u have a csection if there is nothing wrong with the baby.