No Bowel Movement 7 Days After Csection :/

edited September 2011 in Health
& I'm Starting To Worry. I Am In So Much Pain Right Now! I Cry Every Single Time I Try, I Haven't Gone To The ER Cuz I Have No One To Watch My Son. I Don't Have My Family Around & Bd Family All Work. I Don't Know Watt To Take.

Any Advice Would Help !

Comments

• Try using mirlax. You mix it with a drink. Its easy on the tummy and doesnt cause cramping. Good luck sweetie.
  • Mineral oil twice a day
  • I had mine on the 6th and I've only had. 3bm since they said take a laxative.... my first NM was 9days after and it felt like I was giving birth out of my rear it took half hour n this is nasty but I was so desperate it hurt so bad I had to stick a finger up my rear lol honestly it helped...tmi buut I wish someone would have suggested it earlier
  • @azmom i Actually Have Been Wantinq To Do That, It Seemed Like It Would Help. Did Yurs Come Out Or Was It Easier Tryinq To Push? Sorry TMI But i Need Help, Lol My Incision Is Healed & This Is The Only Thinq Stoppinq Me From Doinq Anythinq. I Cant Even Sit Down On My Bed Without It Hurtinq.
  • @TheTrondsons1st Is That A Laxative Or Stool Softner?
    @Steph_Due_101611 Where Can Yu Buy That?
  • Call ur ob and ask for suggestions on what to take.
  • I had a csec too. And went thru the same thing.. veryyy constipated. Dr prescribred stool softner over the counter.. Momma, i recommend that, it works miracles. TMI.. your bowel will be biggg and it will hurt when pooping... but it gets better... DONT go to ER, they wont do anything... Try bowel softner.... Good Luck!
  • @betty Thanks Hun, i Bouqht A Stool Softner From HEB. I Hope It Works, Cuz My House Is A Wreck & Its Botherinq Me That i Cant Clean The Way i Want It Too !!
    @Eeyore i Called & They Said He Would Give Me A Call Back....Did He? No! I See Him On Wednesday So If This Dnt Work, i Will Tell Him Then !
  • sorry its miralax. And its a softner. :) I jad to use it when I was on some meds that would back me up. I used it daily.
  • They gave me a stool softener everyday I was in the hospital following my csection. I didn't take a poo until about 5-7 days after my c section. There was no way I was going to force myself lol i just waited for nature to take it's course and yeah it hurt like a mofo. I was so constipated from all the pain relievers. Just drink water and take some stool softners
  • @kayleigh27 They Gave Me That Too & Milk Of Magnesia (sp). Im Not Forcinq Myself. I Just Feel My Body Tryinq To Push It Out ! Thats The Parts That Sucks. I Havent Ate In 2 Days Cuz i Dnt Want That To Add To It !
    @TheTrondsons1st Thanks, i Will Get That Tomorrow ! :)
  • I took miralax in the am n a colace 3×daily n a bunch of water n had no problem going after bout 7 days I had vaginal birth!
  • It helped but I definitely still had to push it seriously felt like I was pushing a child out n I was so mad when it came it was Tibet but wow I felt a ton better n after that it still hurt but was a little easier
  • @azmom Thats Exactly How i Feel ! Im Not Gunna Go Anymore, i Will Just Take My Softners & Wait For It To Come ! I Just Wanna Cry Cuz My Are Hurts So Bad :-(( ! Thanks Hun !
  • Had a c section in 2008 n I wasn't allowed to leave hospital w out having a bm. Call your doc I was given a suppository to go. That help. Plus she gave me still softner. You may also want to change your diet to lighter things.
  • I would.tell.him how come he didn't call you back when you ask him see what he says.
  • Ducolax (sp) stool softener works!!
  • Softeners, not laxatives! I have no idea what my hospital dosed me on for 4 days, but the first bm on day 6 was painful, then my system decided to clear itself out pretty hardcore. Made me cry for all the crampy-ness and wat felt like acid shooting out of my backside. Be careful the strength you choose! And, sorry to say, that first bm might still be painfully hard. =( good luck,mama.
  • Also a tip for the first bm.... cross your arms over your tummy, close your eyes, relax, and sway side to side. Sounds silly, but it'll help ease things out. Also reduces the risk of ripping yourself (which is a lot more painful than you'dexpect it to be.)
  • use a suppository. It works! I hope you get some relief soon. I remember having that with my first son. Call Dr if you dont get some relief soon. You dont want to go too long.
  • The user and all related content has been deleted.
  • @ashleyfew is right. dont want to let it go too long. the suppository will give you "lubrication" and will get your rectum "stimulated" I know its all TMI (sorry) but its truth and I promise those suppositories should do the trick. If not please don't put off being seen. I feel for you, this pain is the worst!
  • The user and all related content has been deleted.
  • Milk of magnesia helped me after my c section, I'm still not regular but the.nurse at the hospital told me to keep.s bottle on hand and it definitely works
  • Yeah 6years ago was my second c cection n wouldn't allow me to leave until bm this one they said as long as I'm passing gas there ok w me leaving always on still taking stool softeners but nurse said if after a few days I didn't have a bm then take laxative I never did but that's what I was told
  • Spread those butt cheeks when you sit on the toilet! Relax, read pregly or things about newborns. Leave the door open & baby close just in case.

Its been 3 1/2 weeks for me and I still spread my cheeks to help get that crap out, lol.
  • You can get mineral oil really cheap in the pharmacy section of almost any store. Ny little cousin has to take two ounces twice daily or he can't poop. He has to see a pediatric GI dr but atleast now the kid can go. He was going weeks without a bowel movement. The mineral oil may make it orange and oily when it comes out but it gets it out.