Breast pads?

edited September 2011 in Breastfeeding
I'm wanting to get some reusable breast pads, but what are some good brands? Also do I need gel pads? and should I have breast cream on hand or wait and see it I need it?

Comments

• The user and all related content has been deleted.
  • I have never used reusable pads but I love love love the johnsons ones, they fit to your breast really well. Also for cream I use lanolin lasninoe cream it works amazing on sore cracked nipples. Good luck mama!
  • @mama_Kat thanks I was looking at some creams and it seemed like $10 for that little tube was a lot, but if it was needed I would get it
    @myasmommy2009 I'm trying to save money by getting reusable ones, but if I can't find any I will give them a try.
    @amba13 thanks I will be careful with that
  • You could always make your own.. you just need a receiving blanket and a piece of fleece
  • The user and all related content has been deleted.
  • The best pads are called bamboobies...they are made of bamboo and are super soft and extra absorbent! ! Amazing!!
  • @augustbaby are they reusable?
  • Yes!!! Super soft n they don't stick to nipples if they crack n bleed. They are amazing
  • I want reusable ones too. I think medala makes some. And with my son I used the lansinoh which the tube does go a long ways. But right now I'm using palmers nipple butter. Love it! And it's cheaper!
  • @augustbaby @qweennique where did you get them? I was looking in Wal-Mart yesterday and all they had was disposable pads and one kind on cream
  • That $10 little tube lasts a while! My hospital didn't pprivide |shit|, lol.

Most importantly, get help latching! Even if you ask them for help at every feeding, that will save YOU pain and frustration
  • Nursing pads gave me a horrible rash
  • @Caroline8_p it just didn't look like much. I will bug the crap out of them if need be. I love that wic has a lady that will come to the hospital and help, also she will come to my house it need be to help me.
    @arand89 I hope they don't to give me one, I really want to BF
  • @mschop I didn't breast feed I just had a lot of milk & leaked for about 3 weeks after my daughter was born but I have very sensitive skin I can get a rash from bandaids, certain laundry detergents, lotions..ect
  • I would look on line....I got mine at a local breastfeeding center...they are called overnight bamboobies...I got a pack with 4pairs in it