I need suggestions/help on middle name!

edited September 2011 in First time moms
Okay so I'm 37 weeks pregnant and I am expecting a babyboy on October 9th. My boyfriend and I decided we would name my son Anthony, which is also my boyfriends name and I had picked out Alexander for his middle name and my boyfriend agreed, well now he does not approve of the name Alexander and wants his middle name to be Hector, which coinsidentally is my fathers name AND my boyfriends fathers name as well. Although Hector has more meaning behind it I like how Anthony Alexander go together rather than Anthony Hector :/ lol it sounds kind of weird to me I don't know, in spanish it doesn't sound too bad and I like the concept of how my son will be named after his father and both maternal and paternal grandfathers...suggestions opinions anyone? What do you honestly think/what would you do?

Comments

• Hector doesn't sound good. Sorry.
  • @blueberrysmom I agree it doesn't, that's why I don't want it, but it does have meaning behind it which is the only thing.
  • The user and all related content has been deleted.
  • I get the whole meaning thing but I wouldn't care if I hated the name. I'd pick something else. Kentworth is a great middle name! Yeah, use that! :ar!
  • @mama_kat hey that doesn't sound like a bad idea actually, and that way everyones happy lol I think I might consider that!

@amab13 that's exactly my point too, Anthony Alexander flows better definitely but it has no true meaning while Hector does AND my son will be their first grandson also...
  • @blueberrysmom ugh no thanks Kentworth is 100x uglier than Hector. I'm not caucasian so its not like Hector is an outrageous name in my eyes, like I said when you pronounce the name in Spanish together it doesn't sound bad, I don't HATE the idea or name its just hard to adjust to it a bit since I originally had Alexander picked, so idk.
  • I agree Hector doesn't flow, I wouldn't use it if you don't like it. I think both middle names together is good. you both get what you want, a great compromise :)
  • edited September 2011
    Hey! Say it like 40 times and you will grow to love Kentworth! Lmao!
  • @3rd_bumps_a_charm I agree I really like the
  • @3rd_bumps_a_charm I like the concept of both middle names in one I never thought of that honestly so I'm glad I asked this question prior to giving birth lol I doubt my boyfriend is gona change his mind about hector so why not us both get what we want
  • I don't think he'll change his mind either, most dads want their sons named after them in some way :) this way you'll both get what you want and your honoring his grandpas as well
  • @mama_kat yea that's very true! This is so frustrating though my boyfriend doesn't like the two middle names combined I'm getting soooooo stressed out!
  • Like the meaning behind Hector but much prefer Alexander as a name. LOVE Alexander! I think its nice to honour the grandpas so, i think I'd do the double middle name thing as mamkat suggested. Sure you'll love whatever u decide :-) good luck x
  • @3rd_bumps_a_charm I like the idea myself and I just brought it up to my boyfriend and he does not like the idea! OMG its like impossible for me to please this man its so frustrating! Lol he pratically chose the babys first name because nothing I picked he liked -.- thennn I got to pick the middle name which was Alexander now he disapproves! What the hell man! I felt like giving in to Hector as a middle name to please my dad and HIM & also because ppl rarely use middle names anyway :/ and not like we plan on calling him Hector anyway he already has a nickname (JayR) to embrace JR (little Anthony)
  • @jennys3rd I agree its so stressful but both middle names combined works too I like the idea my bf does not as usual :(
  • @mama_kat lol yeah your right though! He's making it a huge deal now but I know months down the line he isn't going to stress the whole name thing anyway! Cause sheesh I thinkni should atleasssst get what I want to some extent he is MY son too and I am the one who's been carrying him for 9 months lol my opinion on a name shouldn't greatly matter! My boyfriend seriously needs to get over it lol besides idk why he feels so stronly about his dads name when him and his dad never had the best relationship so its confusing lol I wanna cry! He hates Alexander because I dated a guy named Alexis -.- sooooo stupid I swear