how do i get my 3month old to sleep without a bottle in his mouth and swaddled.

edited September 2011 in First time moms
My son will be 14 weeks soon and he has to fall asleep swaddled with a bottle in his mouth. HE WILL NOT take a Binky. Hasn't since he was born. How do I wing him off of everything..

Comments

• Does he nap during the day with it? Maybe try cutting it out of day time to start with. When its time for a nap, try walking, bouncing, maybe even a quick car ride. Once you've done days, then maybe start doing nights as well. I don't think it'll be an easy task, no matter when or how ya do it mama.
    Good luck.
  • I swaddle mydaughter still and she us 4 months, its a comfort thing for her. I'm pretty sure its like a security thing I mean they are I'm a tight area for a long time so it'll probably take a while for them to get used to it. I do it a little less tight every night.

Not sure about the bottle thing, maybe try just a warm bath I use the lavender soap it works wonders then just rock him to sleep. Its gonna take a while for him to get used to not having a bottle but eventually he'll get used to it.
  • Swaddle as long as u can they.wean themselves. The bottle.aswell its just a comfort.thing they will grow out of
  • Ok. Ill see how tonight goes and the rest of thebweek goes. Thank ladies for the.advice
  • My baby hates to be swaddled as soon as he came out of my belly he wanted his hands and feet to move freely. He's only 3 weeks :(
  • Misspreggo.....mine is same..2weeks today n swaddling only worked for 2days at hospital he loves to streach out..I sometimes put his hands by face n somewhat wrap tight while rocking him but he hates binky too