on your feet all the time?

edited September 2011 in February 2012
Just wondering if there's anyone else working 50+ hours a week and/or constantly on your feet at work. I do both and I find myself worried that it's too much stress and unhealthy for the baby. Anyone going through this, too? Or just any thoughts?

Comments

• It wont be a stress on the baby it will just take its toll on you. Be sure to keep a healthy diet and get as many breaks and as much sleep as you can. All the walking should make your labor a little easier though lol.

&& if you think about it, "back in the day" on the farms they never got a break & still had healthy babies =O ...... just make sure you take the last month off ;)
  • @ashes thank you for that! Makes me feel better! Especially the 'back in the day' part :)
  • @ashes I was thinking the same thing about back in the day as I was reading! ;-) @bensmama do try to get your feet up when you can on breaks and such...
  • I work five ten hr shifts a week sometime 6 an im always on my feet aswell. I work n a warehouse. An yess deff has a toll on my body but thetes mo stress to baby, although my doc is takin me outta work at 36 weeks. Im 34 now
  • edited September 2011
    I'm always on my feet at work as well. Currently 33w+2 and don't play on stopping until I'm 39w. I kind of think that I've had it easier with the pregnancy, and little aches (yet), because I'm so used to being on my feet all the time. I've been told it's those that are immobile during their pregnancy that seem to have more issues. Dunno if that's true or not.
  • I'm ALWAYS on my feet at work bc I work retail...I'll be 33 weeks tomorrow and it's getting kinda hard...my plan is to work up until I can't anymore...