Dr's office is pissing me off

My dr's office is so enfuriating. So my dr tells me last week that since I was 37 weeks I have a drs appt every week. Since she didn't say anything about me making the appt, I just assumed that the appt would be the same time as that every week. So I call today to confirm the appt and her ghetto ass asst tells me i don't have one becuz i didn't make it. Well shouldn't the dr have told me to if that was the case. Then she says that the next appt I can get is the 29th, which is next week. wtf?! who does that during the final 3 weeks of a pregnancy? Ever heard of anyone not going every week during the final 3 weeks of pregnancy like the fuckin dr says? And why would u even suggest that? I mean shouldn't u try to find me an appt if that's the case. ugh bitch. Anywayz so she tells me that I'm going to have to see another dr in the office if i want one this week. But I don't want to see another dr, I want to see my dr! I'm tired of having all these other drs in my fuckin medical business. So I'm like hold up is my dr even going to be the one who delivers my baby and she tells me maybe not, it depends on who's on call. wtf?! I mean this is my first child, but is this normal? or do I have a ghetto ass hospital/drs office? do other drs office just pass off their patients? So I take the appt wit the random dr for tomorrow and take the other one for the 29th with my real dr for the following week. So finally, I say I want to make my last appt for the following week and she says well u can do that when u come in next week, I have other callers on hold. wtf?! rude ass bitch. And i will be complaining about Tishikia or Tinishikka or whatever the hell her name was tomorow when I go in. Is this how ur drs office operates or am I just on some hormonal ish right now? lemme know before i go in there raising some hell tomorrow.

Comments

• The doctors office I use to go to u would see different doctors and anyone of them could deliver ya baby...I dnt understand y they didn't make an appointment before u left???
  • Sounds standard to me. I've been on weekly visits since 24w and I have to make a new apt everyweek when I check out. I almost scheduled an induction just so I could have my own doctor for the delivery.
  • I know some offices have several drs that operate through them. Mine doesn't, but a friend of mine is seen by a larger office and she has to see all the drs in that office bc when it comes time to delivery she will be delivered by the dr that is on call.
    The only way that I know that u would have your dr would b if u set up and induction date.
    gl momma
  • The user and all related content has been deleted.
  • Yeah, my drs office has 4 drs and you can be delivered by any of them when the time comes. My dr was only in the room for about 15 mins at my last delivery, so it really isn't that big of a deal.

I always get a paper from my dr to take to the receptionist to check out and I have to schedule a new appt. At least you can get an appt this week!
  • I got to a group practice and I agree it is frustrating not seeing the same person everytime. I usually only see a nurse and np not a dr, but they give me more time so I don't mind. I have no clue who will deliver my baby, just whoever is on call. I also have to make my appts.
  • My office is a group practice too. They make u see every doctor before you stick With one bc any of them csn be delivering my baby. I've chosen to see the same dr the passed 3-4 appoitments bc i like him a lot. But I'm pretty confident he won't deliver her. I know we have to set our own appointments. As much as we would like the doctors to be as personal to know what exact time we want its just not like thst nowadays. All my drs appointments have been om tuesdays and they know that but they don't know i prefer early afternoon even though that's the only time i ever go.
  • Sounds like a normal practice to me
    Ive always had to make my own appointments, and my drs office is a group practice so who ever is on call will be delivering.
    That is stuff you're supposed to look into before deciding on a place, whether you want a group practice or a more personal one on one practice, and have you had to make all of your previouse appointments or were they made for you?