measuring small?

edited September 2011 in Pregnant
I just left my 37 week check up and he measured my belly and said I'm measuring small. He said he wasn't to worried because I'm small to start with but he wants to get it checked just in case. I'm alittle worried.. has anyone got this before? And everything was fine?

Comments

• You probably just have a petite baby. Don't worry yourself.
  • yes at my 32 & 34 wk appt I was measuring 2 1/2 wks smaller, went for growth u/s and everything looks good shes just a small baby :) weight was 5lb 1oz (approx) at 35 wks. At 36 wks I was only 1 1/2 wks behind. I go in tomorrow for my 37wk check up
  • @heyitsme thanks that makes me feel alittle better
  • Yes I had this, at 28 weeks measured 27cm then at 30 weeks measured 26cm. I had a growth scan and all was fine, at 31+4 he was approx.3lbs 11oz. My doctor was pretty good, said as I'm small he wouldn't expect me to have a big baby but they have certain rules to follow and when it drops below a certain point they just have to check! I think it depends on babys position too, can make you appear bigger or smaller! I'm sure all will be fine (*)
  • Yeah at 35 weeks I was measuring small. Got a US at 36 weeks and she is right on schedule lol! all her bones and body parts (: she's just weighing 5 pounds 7 oz right now but doctors aren't concerned
  • @MAmajolene I just had my baby. In the delivery room the nurse was very concerned (and starting to scare me) because I was measuring 35 wks (at 38+4) but just the day before the Dr said everything was fine. She started talking about IUGR and asked if anyone had mentioned it to me... all this while Im having contractions! She was stressing me out. Anyways, I had my baby that night and she weighed 6lb 12oz! Just goes to show that measurements arent 100% accurate!
  • I measured big and was told baby would be born around 8 lbs, he was born 5 15. It's not always accurate when they measure.