when should u put the car seat in the car??

edited September 2011 in Pregnant
What would be a good time to put it in the car. I like to be prepared and I'm not to sure ..

Comments

• id like to know this answer too since i havent even brought mine yet
  • edited September 2011
    As early as possible! Where do you live? Find out if your state has a program about installing car seats. 5 out of 6 car seats are not installed properly.
    I live in California and the Highway Patrol has a program where they will show you how to install a car seat properly for free by appointment. My appointment is scheduled for tomorrow (I am 39/40 weeks) HOWEVER I had it installed a couple weeks ago. They will be double checking it for me.
  • I'm 35+2 and I put mine in today. I went to have it inspected (the fire department dose it here) but there was no one in that could check it so I have to in tomorrow. I really don't think my boyfriend did it right lol
  • The hospital checks ours so I'm not buckeing it in till I have the baby but I'm putting in my car once I buy it or get it from my shower. I'll be 32 weeks at my shower. so by the time I'm 34 weeks it will be sitting in my car
  • I say anytime after 34 weeks. Most docs will not stop labor after 34 weeks and if baby comes and is doing well could go home. So, we put ours in on Sunday which was my 34 week mark.
  • Im actually waiting till the day she comes home
  • Im not putting mine in until on the way to hospital.
  • I'm thinkin bout the day I go n...
    My car is filty it need to b cleaned out
  • We put ours in at 34 or 35 weeks. You can take it to the fire department and they'll make sure it's installed correctly.
  • When I bought mine the place that sold us told us we could come back at 34 weeks to have them put it in and show us how to correctly or put it in ourselves and have them check it...but 34 weeks is when he says we should
  • Thank you ladies.. I'm 35 weeks today and decided to.put it in.. now I.can't wait till my lil ones in there
  • I'm waiting til 37 weeks, unless when I get checked the dr thinks she might be early. And im only putting it in that early because I want to make sure it fits! It doesn't take too long to install them and my hubby can do it while I'm in the hospital if needed.
  • I installed the base like 2 days ago and I'm 39 weeks today