what would u do...need opinions!

edited September 2011 in Pregnant
I posted a couple months ago about my friend that signed her son over to the state for extreme behavior issues. Well she called me today and they need a foster parent for him and asked us if we would do it. I'm one of those people that will give someone my last $5 if they really needed it...especially when It comes to kids. I feel so horrible for him and he needs to be in a loving stable home but at the same time I'm due in 7 weeks and I just want to concentrate on my son and baby. It's gonna be hard enough to give my son all the attention he's used to dealing with a newborn and to add a child with behavioral issues on top of it. I just feel so horrible for him but at the same time I need to think about my family. Am I being a total bitch for not doing it? What would you do?

Comments

• You need to focus on you and your family. If he has behavior issues he probably requires more attention then you can give him once baby gets there. I think your decision is the right one.
  • edited September 2011
    I would have to be selfish for now. He would not get the attention he probably craves and would kick off all the time and with a tiny acan around i wouldn't risk it. Can no one else help?
  • The user and all related content has been deleted.
  • You need to focus on your family hun. This little boy obviously needs lots of time and attention and you won't be able to give that at the moment. Don't feel bad, it is in no way your fault! Hopefully they can find him a family who can pay him all the attention he needs right now
  • @three_cats_n_a_baby that's another reason that I don't want to do it. I don't want to risk him hurting the baby although as far as I know he only hurts himself.
    @eiralynnesmommy @ashleyfew @littlenat86 thanks ladies...I just needed some assurance that I was doing the right thing.
  • I remember the post. A loving stable home may help him somewhat but living with you wont. Let me explain...even though he knows you and your family there would be an adjustment period (longer than you'd think) and while he's been in your house, living there would be completely different. Add that there's a baby coming and once baby is there would set everything up in the air again. He may only cause harm to himself but that doesn't include objects he may throw and kick. Plus after recent events and upheavals in his life, his behavior has probably gotten worse :(
  • He really needs a stable environment and with a new baby coming your house is about to be anything but that! He also needs someone who is able to focus on his needs, she should look for someone who doesn't have any kids.