my supply isn't looking good... :(

Ok so I've been taking fenugreek for a week now...and I haven't noticed an increase in my supply. I've actually noticed a decrease. I used to be able to pump two 3 oz bottles a day...and now I can't even pump 1 oz. Most of the time its only .5oz, even in the morning. :( I'm wondering if I never had a good supply to being with...everyone says when your milk comes in you get rock hard...my boobs never felt like that, just soft with a few hard spots...and everyone says you get engorged...I never have been. My mom says the same thing happened to her...and she just never had a good supply. Does fenugreek not help everyone? cause I feel like I just wasted money on 200 capsules. I mean my daughter got two breast milk bottles a day for about 2.5 weeks...so I guess that's something. I've just pretty much lost hope with breast feeding and my supply issues, it just gets me so frustrated I want to cry. :( She's mostly eating formula..I'm thinking of just having her eat all formula and drying up what little milk I have. I mean I literally pump for 1.5 hours and get maybe 1 ounce. Anyone else go through this?

Comments

• How old is your little one? Your milk comes in in bunches at first (hence, the lumps and whatnot) and then decreases to match what your little one is taking out. Just keep at it!
  • @captainMorgaine She will be 1 month old on the 26th. Well she isn't taking any out cause I've had a lot of trouble trying to get her to breast feed....I've been pumping but not getting much anymore.
  • Sounds about right. Ive heard that if you pump only that it can cause decrease too, but I dont actually know if theres any truth behind that. Id stick with the fenugreek and try breastfeeding more, simply because the baby can get more milk out than a pump can.