not digging the crib?

edited September 2011 in First time moms
so i dont think my baby likes his cradle to much. i can put him in his bouncer or car seat or swing and hes fine
but once i lay him down on his cradle he cries!!
i have to make him super sleepy.
and another question how should a babies cradle look like??
i know not to many sheets and soft stuff what eles?
im a first time mom baby just came out Saturday!

Comments

• My daughter hates her bassinet and wakes up every time she's in there. She's been sleeping in bed with me...which I don't like because my husband sleeps on the couch and I don't want her to get used to it but for my sanity and in order to sleep I've been using my bed. I hope she will like her crib when I move her to her room later.
  • Do you swaddled him? That could help. In his swing and car seat he's snug as a bug.
    He may feel to "free" in his cradle.
  • @soontohavethree i swaddle him but its hard to swaddle him really snug because for some reason my lil boy likes to have his hands up by his face or just up haha so he gets all cranky when his arms are down
  • edited September 2011
    I understand that. Do you breast or formula feed? He may have acid reflux since hell sleep sitting up vs laying down. Maybe try to put a pillow under his mattress to tilt him up just a lil bit
  • have you tried inclining the matress in the crib? or trying a boppy and kindof prop him up on there? my daughter hates being inclined at all so she has no problem sleeping anywhere flat. sorry im not much help
  • @soontohavethree that sounds like a good idea!! cause at the hospital
    the nurses had tilted his lil bed
    thank you!
  • NP. I know how hard things can be.. and when your sleep deprived it makes it hard to think at times :) hope it works so mommy can sleep!
  • edited September 2011
    @soontohavethree
    i know i need it! if it works ill let you know!
  • @lindah22 dud you try propping him up. Last night?