Do I need to get it done?

edited September 2011 in Pregnant
Ok so I don't have my crib, strolled, bedding, not too much NB clothes either and my Mom is telling me I need to get all that done that I don't have to much time. Anyway Ill be 37 weeks tom, is she right should I get on the ball because honestly I don't even know what I really need I mean if someone can give me a list of the essentials I need it would be greatly apreciated:) I'm I being lazy cause all I want to do is sleep because o have a feeling I won't be able to do that anymore, heck I don't even have her clothes washed my bag ready or my babys room ready....

Comments

• Her clothes washed and bag ready should probably be your first priority! I wouldn't worry about the crib and bedding this second as long as you have a bassinet or cradle and plan on having her sleep next to you for the first few weeks. The stroller is up to you but from what I've heard you don't really take the baby out anywhere for a few weeks also. You're probably going to be even more exhausted after she comes though so I would try to get everything done before then!! :)
  • I would get it all done now . Asap. You never know when your guna go in and its best to have everything ready.. even if you just do the hospital and diaper bags and wash a few of the babys clothes and wash and boil the bottles (if using any) .. it don't have to be done all in one day just do it gradually.. I started at 34 weeks or 33? And I'm gradually getting everything done :). Oh Yes and I have a discussion about what the baby needs just look under my discussions :)
  • You definitely need to get things prepared now. You'd have a much harder time getting the things you need after your baby's birth.
  • edited September 2011
    I'm a ftm so I'm not sure about the essentials just yet but definitely diapers, wipes, formula if you're not breast feeding and bottles, clothes including socks and hand mitts, nail clippers, blankets, baby wash/shampoo, pacifiers if you want to use them... Then a carseat, swing or bouncer I've heard are life savers! and something to bathe baby. A crib and changing table I don't think are essential the day you bring baby home and I can't really think of anything else lol I hope I helped a little!! :X
  • Diapers, wipes, somewhere for babe to sleep, a way to feed babe, a few washed outfits, car seat and don't forget about you.(I did. It sucked)
    Pads of different absorbency (sp?) , Epson salt, nursing pads, are what I'd say you need stat

Stroller, crib, changing pad etc can come later but time is gonna be hard to find those first few weeks
  • @stbmilitarybrat Yea that's what I was thinking at least I need to get her a little bassinet or cradle and a carseat because I don't have that either, anyway thank you;) I called my husband right now to tell him we need things and he is the worse than me he told me not to worry about it that we can put on the playpen for now because that's one of the few things I do have! Come on, for real!

@natashalynn You see I hadn't even thought about me or that I will be needing pads and all that stuff, thank you!

• I have everything. I'm 37 I just need to wash it all and pack my bag. Ive been wanting to clean my house (nesting) but I'm waiting until I stop working. My last day is sept 29th. Oh and I want to hit up costco for food and drinks. I don't want to.worry about stuff when I come home.
  • @MommyLovesSparkle Yea today I'm going to go and look at prices and maybe buy the bassinet and a few acsecories for and buy detergant to wash her clothes, but you see you started at a good time
  • @Jesss510 I wish I could say that!
  • edited September 2011
    No problem hun. I completely forgot about me! It sucked having to go buy stuff when I was fresh out of the hospital. Also, I suggest freezing a few pads ahead of time for yourself. Oh and have a water bottle. I drank a ton in the hospital and if your nursing, you can get really thirsty during it!
  • aand get crappy underwear that you don't mind spoiling. you will bleed on some lol