starting my weight loss journey!

edited September 2011 in Health
I'm going to start exercising...nothing crazy just walking and the elliptical. Last time I weighed myself I had lost 18 pounds since giving birth...that was two weeks ago...and I gained 26 pounds with my pregnancy. I hope I can stay focused and keep at exercising regularly!

Comments

• Goodluck mama! You CAN do it!!
  • Good job!
  • Good luck! I gained 50+ but 33 of it was water. I still have a long way to go.
  • I started on tuesday and it felt so good to get back to the gym! I have a lot of weight to lose, not from this pregnancy but my previous one TWO years ago!! I started off with walking 2.5 miles, I even jogged some of it..it wasn't much but it was a start :). Good luck, I hope the weight just falls off of you!!
  • woohooo can't wait till I can!! I'm.almost the same as u gained 28 in pregg n lost 20 so far!!
  • woohooo can't wait till I can!! I'm.almost the same as u gained 28 in pregg n lost 20 so far!!
  • i cant wait until sophia stops eating every hour so i can try to get out of the house to walk somewhere.
  • Good luck! Im down over 30 lbs n lost all my preg weight. I didnt even do anything just sat on my butt and breastfed lol. I'm going to start working out after pp dr appointment
  • @carsons_mommy @rl25 Thank you!!

@aydonsmommy yeah, I have about 30 to go too...I only have 8 pounds until my pre preg weight, but I still wanna loose a little more, I'm hopingggg by december, crossing my fingers!

@gsmommy Thank you! I hope the weight falls off too! That would be so much easier...lol. And it does feel good to be back in the gym.

@naliibby2 when did you have your baby?

@survivormommie3 Oh, i hope she lets you get out of the house! I'm thankful that my daughter eats every three hours. And I have my husband home right now so he can watch he while I go to the gym. But when he goes back to work I'm just going to take walks with her in her stroller on in the sleepy wrap.

@jazzi89 wow that's great! I wish my daughter was more interested in breast feeding so I could sit on my butt too! lol I'm 4 weeks pp, haven't had my appointment yet, but I just wanted to get a heads start doing some cardio.
  • Good luck! I was going to start jogging again since i gained 46lbs preggo...now im 10wks pp and havent lost but probably 16-20lbs :(
  • @ericak22 Thank you!! It took a lot of motivation for me to actually go to the gym...I said I wanted to start last week and now I'm just starting. I started making a folder on my computer and doing some virtual clothing shopping, adding it to my folder, to help motivate me to loose the weight, so I can get some new clothes! lol Its just something that helped me.
  • I had her aug 30th so 3 weeks n 3 days ago.. I don't think I'm gunn lose any more weight tho at least not without working out..imms start walking with my bby girl till im fuly recovered (c sec) n get a gym membership!! I wann b 150 by next summer! && I'm 183 now!
  • @naliibby2 Yeah, I don't think I'm going to loose the rest of the weight without exercise either. I wanna loose 30 pounds by december...so 10 pounds a month! I'm hoping its possible. I'm sure you'll loose it by next summer!
  • good luck!! u can do it !! :))))!!!
  • Good luck!! I lost my weight (37lbs) within 3 months. Started lifting (light ) weights and walking. Eating chicken, turkey, just lean meats.
  • Download the free app called MyFitnessPal. It's amazing for tracking weight, exercise, all food, etc. You can even scan a food barcode and add it to your meals for the day!
  • edited September 2011
    @gsmommy ^ You might like this app too.
  • edited September 2011
    How soon van we start working out? I had a regular vaginal birth. Is it supppsed to b six weeks or can we start sooner. I guess walking is the best way to go.