dont know what to do

edited September 2011 in Pregnant
I'm so upset right now I'm so confused and I don't know what the right thing is to do. I had a son with a previous relationship and gave him his fathers last name hid father was a Scumbag did drugs and moved away. Just about a month ago I went to court and had it changed to mine.. the only reason why they granted it to me was because he didn't show up to fight it. Now I am due in a week and me and my bf are having a huge fight over her having his last name.. I said it can always be changed when we get married for some months down the road if u prove ur Gunna be there for us then we can have it changed or we can hyphen it..the only reason y I don't trust him to stick around is because he was hiding being on drugs from me for a year. He also treated me horrible and didn't want this child. About 2 months ago he quit doing drugs and moved in with me. But just because he tells me hes Gunna b there and hes been good for 2 months that doesn't reasure me for the future. He wants what he wants and he can't comprise with me at all. The only thing he said was he would sign a contract saying if he goes back to drugs he will sign that it would be ok to change her last name to mine

So basically hes telling me that hes leaving me if I don't make it his last name.. real mature right.

Comments

• The user and all related content has been deleted.
  • Really? I didn't know that
  • I would not give the baby his name. Tell him when you are married then you will all change last names to his, I've seen this happen to a lot of women who have trouble changing the name when the relationship didn't work out, it's so much easier having the same name as your child, especially when scheduling for doc appts and other things.
  • I'd give the baby your last name. My ex and I were together for about 6 yrs and we went through the same thing. Well not even a year after our 2nd was born he abandoned us became a dead beat dad. A big time drug dealer who can drive like 3 brand new bmws but can't pay me his minimum wage child support or even call my girls on holidays or birthdays. And even with the best lawyers I can't have their last names changed. Sorry it turned into a mini vent lol.
  • Hes freaking out on me right now :( I don't know what to say and I don't want to be a push over like always
  • Thanks girls for the advice. I just feel so pressured
  • Give the baby your last name at least until you guys are married, if its that much of a problem to him, he can suck a fat one and ask you to marry him (or what ever the situation might be idk) sooner. Or he can gtfo and quit being a baby about it!!
  • @shunshinelove I want to tell him to suck a fat one but all I want is peace! I always give into him but I really can't this time:( I hope I can stick up for myself this time cause hes Gunna leave me
  • Its your decision in my opinion. If you dont want to, dont. Listen to your gut feelings, usually they're right.
  • @usafwife_21 I really don't want to it just feels like hes forcing me
  • Sounds like a womanizer to me. I'd tell him you are always going to be there and he might not. Give the baby your last name. Ultimately it's your decision.
  • I just can't deal with this right now I'm going into have a c section for a week and hes treating me horribly