how many times a week can i sponge bath baby?

edited September 2011 in First time moms
he's a week old today i took him a spong bath yesterday and i feel that hes a lil dirty
can i wash him again today?
or is it to much?
oh and when you bath him do i use soap under his neck too? is that just water
cause i know with is lil face you only use water.

Comments

• I use soap everywhere but face, and u can bathe as often as u need. Baby's skin may get really dry if u bathe too often, but if its needed no problem
  • You're only supposed to sponge bathe 2-3 times a week and you're not supposed to use soap until their umbilical cord falls off :)
  • I was told to wash the umbilical cord with soap and water. But to take qtips and make sure you dry it out. My little girl is almost 3wks and she gets bathed every other night.
  • I lived in pr all my life...and my mom give to my niece a bath everyday since she born.....just in the morning...in the afternoon she just wipe her....my sis was to dumb to do it by herself...sooo...thats a good question...im a ftm to and my bby isnt here yet...
  • I top and tail every morning then full bath with hair wash every other night. You can put baby oil in the bath if ur worried about dry skin
  • thanks everyone :]
    its that he peed on him self earlier thats why i feel he's dirty
    i wiped him down with warm wipeys but idkkk
  • I gave my daughter a bath everyday. Mainly because she liked it. It made a good routine for her too. We also did bedtime lotion every night before 'bed' and she didnt get dry skin.
  • I gave my oldest a bath all the time, every other day. I would also do baby massage, he loved it.
  • I bathed my daughter every day and she never had dry skin. It definitely wouldn't hurt anything to bathe him again.
  • I bathe my daughter everyday since she was born, I used soap since day 1 as well. Just make sure the umbilical cord doesn't get wet. Sometimes I even bathe her twice a day. I use aveeno lotion after every bath and her skin isn't dry at all.