i have a feeling my baby shower is going to be a complete wreck! update on my shower.

edited September 2011 in Baby showers
:-(( I'm trying to stay optimistic about it. But I have a feeling ppl that are saying there going to be there ain't going to show. I've spent so much money on something that going to be epic fail. Grrr I hate stressing. I guess I'm about to find out who my real friends are.
Update

It was awful I mean the ppl that mean the most to me where there. My sister,grandma,my bff, her mom, my niece, and my future aunt. And one friend dropped in with her cousin. It was nice and all but what I really needed. I got a lot of nice things. I told ppl I was good on clothes, my future aunt got me more practical gifts for taking care of a baby . Didn't get no bottles, wipes,breast pump,moniter,stroller,bedding. My mil said she was sry for not making it. Told me not to worry about about diapers,wipes she has that covered but idk what to believe. She has been telling me since day one of pregnancy she has all this stuff and the only thing I have from her is swing,bouncer,clothes. So idk. My daddy is supposee to get me a crib. Now I'm going to have to ask for the bedding. Oh I only got one pack of diapers and I had a raffle. -_- here is what I got so far for isaiah
Diaper bag
1 pack of size one diapers
1 pack of wipes
2 bottles
Bottle cleaning thing
Blanket my grandma had made which is very cute :)
Blanket buddy my sister inlaw it has head of bear on it.
2 receiving blankets
Couple of bibs
Couple of pacie
Nail clipper set
Brush set
Baby wash set
Socks
Bouncer
Swing
Good book collection started. I got a deccent start
Just wish I would have got more pratical gifts and not clothes? Who don't bring at least a small pack of diaper with them to a shower????
I hope I don't sound selfish :(

Comments

• Ughh me too..tell me about it
  • Just enjoy the people that do make it.
  • My grandma did the invites she wrote the wrong number on a bunch of invites. The only ppl I know forsure that's going to be there is my grandma,sister(she going to be hr late) ,best friend. I haven't heard back from mil,sil, my husbands aunt, my uncles fianece, and some of my friends. My one friend txted me saying she is sick and not going to be able to make it. Which I understand. I don't wanna be sick and pregnant had enough of that in my first trimester. @jess510 @littlepeanut1 @lovingmyunborn
  • Most of the people I invited didn't come but a bunch of people I didn't invite replaced them lol I don't know how they found out about it but I was pleasantly surprised to say the least.
  • Mine is tomorrow and I feel like no one is going to come. We invited 40 people and so far 9 people we know is coming. But I gusse we just wait and see what happens.
  • @stephforever89 well my problems are a tad bit bigger lol first my "friend" who is pregnant & due a few days before me decided she was gon have her bbyshower oct 8 & mine oct 15..well the bitch (excuse my french) decided to steal my DATE THE 15 & have hers when she CLEARLY knew mines was the 15 uqhh so my mil decided to change mine to the 30th of oct & im hoping I wont be in labor seeing thats 2 weeks before my due date smh and the place where I was having my shower decided they dont wanna rent out the clubhouse anymore because of thr damage that the last people caused uqhhhhhh! But back to you I hope everything goes well with your shower & you have LOTs of fun & gets lots of GIFTS for the lil one
  • I felt the same way about mine..i was stressing over it so bad.. But it ended up turning out awesome! im sure everything will be ok. :)
  • thats the same way i feel mines tommorrow i sent my invites out way in advance adn ppl are coming up wiht excuses like they had things planned. thanks guys. omfg. and my moms surpriseing my wiht my shower so i know whses gonna put so much effort into it and barely anyone will show up im finding out who my real friends are too. mines tommorrow.
  • said that twice. lol my bad im jsut pissed,
  • Update at the top
  • Ill up date you guys how my baby turns out today. I just dont see that many people coming.
  • The worst thing I got was from people that said 'oh I got you something but I forgot it at home' been 7 months since my shower and still nothing! ! Then one 'friend' that I knew from when I was at medic school said she sent me something for the baby after I sent her a gift for her baby that was due a week before mine! Ugh just freaking tell the truth! I asked for nothing but practical things as well and I just got 1 bed sheet, a couple of heavy blankets I can't use until she's older, 1 box of breast pads(ok) , and a couple of dresses and two gift cards.
  • Mine is next week and I know it's going to flop, but I just wanted one for the page in her baby book. The only baby thing I still need is a box of wipes and a crib sheet. I see this complaint all the time and I will never understand why people think they are not going to have to buy their own baby stuff. Do you have a consignment store near you? I was at once upon a child yesterday and they had all kinds of strollers and crib bedding sets!
  • I'm sorry it wasn't what you expected.. I know how you feel... my mom had me two showers, and both of them sucked balls. She didn't even send out invitations to either one! But it sounds like you got some good stuff!