officially overdue :-(

edited September 2011 in Third Trimester
so, as of an hour and 39 mins ago I am past my due date :-( I've been drinking copious amounts of the foul raspberry leaf tea, bouncing on balls (of both the exercise and male variety Tmi!! ;-) ), tried the accupressure points and played on the swings at the park even lol (not on my own, that would be wierd- 2 other kids) Lmao... and feel like crying!!! Nothing is working. I get strong contractions over 3 hours or so... and then they fade! What the deuce?! Mother in law goes away on Monday early am so need little one out today (Sunday) help!

Comments

• Oh my! I had to have my membranes stripped and she came like 30hrs later. You seem to be doing what I did but the membranes is what you need. Go to labor and delivery just go when you have contractions again and have them check you aggressively!
  • I'm in the UK and they won't strip membranes until 41wks :-( this is why us brits tend to try every old wives tale going.@queennique
    I am just about to seduce bd again ;-) before getting another warm bath and bouncing on my ball with yet another cup of raspberry leaf tea! ...here's for hoping!!! :-D
  • Well i tried sex and birthing ball at same time (tmi) never worked though! stupid thing lol, btw when my mate was having contractions at 38 weeks went in and she was 2cm so they gave her a sweep then sent her home hour later and after half hour at home she had to go back in and gave birth few hours later, so go in wi contractions they might give you a sweep :) lol x
  • I know it sux my DD was on Sept 22 and still no baby. I hope he comes before my induction date on Thursday when am 41 weeks.
  • @angie87 we gotta wait till 10-12 days over before being induced to :( so i got sweep tomorrow at 41 weeks then if nothing will be induced Friday/Saturday at 11/12 days over :(
  • edited September 2011
    Wow gotta wait so long @Samiuk
  • I'm sorry to hear that:(
  • Lmao @ bouncing on balls! But I do hope ur baby comes soon! :)
  • Ooh well if and when I get contractions again I might just go in and plead ignorance :-) then tell em to have a fiddle ;-) Doesn't look like its coming in time for the motherinlaw :-( taxi to the airport comes for her in 6hours. Had the biggest hottest curry for tea. Argh!!! Come on little one x
  • @excitedforoctober thankyou for the luck! Feel like I need it :-)
    @samiuk if you have to be induced Thu/Fri and my sweep works... we might have the lil ones on same day :-)... much rather your sweep works tho cos u deserve to be put out your misery ;-) Xx
  • Stay away from the warm bath... it will slow down or stop labor if you are in the beginning stages.... you don't want to get into a warm bath until you have had contractions close enough together for at least 2 hours...
  • @garbagebandfan really? Bugger... that's where I'm goin wrong! Thanks for the tip!!!
  • Yes i do! lol, been to see my mum today and my lil bro said oh my god are you still pregnant! then poked my belly and said get out baby! lol

I don't wanna be induced :( lol and i always heard that if your having contractions and have a bath if they stop its just false labour that's how you stop the bh's coming know lots of people who have had a bath after having contractions and baby still come
  • Well, I think I'm gunna avoid em now until I'm defo in labour! So excited for u n tomorrow! Hope it works so much! Persuaded rich to have another feel this morning lol his face was a picture!!! He looked TERRIFIED!! I got "oh god what's that?!...(long concentrated terrified pause...) there's a big Squishy thing with a hole I can put 2 fingers in and there's like a hard bit in the middle" He won't fiddle in there but I must be at least 3cm if he can get 2 fingers in?? :-D woop
  • Lmao! Big squishy hole haha, hope not are dilatin, keep up with the sex and ball! Lol Joe said do your own sweep ummm yeah cos i can reach muppet!! Wishful thinking but hope i go in before sweep my sis freaked out today when my mum told her what it was haha x
  • edited September 2011
    @samiuk bless your sister. My sisters freaked out talking about sweeps too. Think I've totally put em off avin kids :-) you won't need to do it yourself (like u can!) after today :-D yey!!! You gonna walk back home afterwards to get it goin? Tmi but, had sex like 6 times yesterday...argh...just want SOMETHING to work! Mother in law gone on hols now with his sister so, they've missed it! I'll just start getting some routine going withthe baby n they'll come back n fuss over it n f*$k it up. They're not the quietest or most thoughtful of folk at best of times :-). Your family must be bursting to meet little man now!!!
  • :-t So...maximum doses of raspberry leaf tea yesterday... sex 6 times (he thinks its Christmas!) And 2hours on the ball followed by a walk to collect the other two kids from grandmas house. Argh!!! What will it take?! I think I must have such a comfortable womb that once they're in, they don't wanna come out!!!
  • Right... so I've just read the thread "took some castor oil" seriously debating whether to try it now. Wow! It really seems to have worked...and fast. Good on her but, so scared of loose stools during labour :S. Anyone tried this and had a fast and non messy experience???
  • Think my sister put of to! she freaked out by breast feeding lol she's 14 and my bro who's 7 says its good for baby though! bless him, i live in middle of no were and having it done about 10 miles away lol, but were putting hospital bag in car and going for a walk at a place near the hospital lots of hills and bumpy ground! weather is beautiful today to! lol, don't stop that bouncing ;) lol try walking on a curb one foot on one foot of lol, my mum had castor oil with me, never gave her runs 3 hours after having it she went into labour 1hr 47 mins start to finish, i was her first to and midwife checked her she map 3cm then 10 mins later she was buzzing for mw again sayin she wanted to push mw told her not to be stupid cos its her first and she'll be there for ages any way she checked and she was almost 10cm! all my mums been quick though apart from my sister who she was induced with 28hours! lol my brother who was a twin about 3 hours, and my youngest brother didn't even labour he just kinda slid out! lol good luck with keeping up the induction! will let you know how sweep goes later! x
  • edited September 2011
    @samiuk yeah, what a lovely day to have your sweep n walk. Defo take your bag :-)! Oh wow, lucky mummy with some of those quick labours! Bless your brother. He sounds adorable. Always the younger ones that have more sense :-)!!! Keep me posted and mega luck and labour dust! Think I'm gonna go get some castor oil if nothing is happening by tomorrow. You think if I just take one dulcolax it'll have similar effect? ...hmmm? (Already got some of them in the cupboard :-) ) x
  • Try it lol so long has it says its safe for pregnant women can't do no harm can it? they say castor oil makes them poo inside but that happens to a lot of people who are over due any way and seen has most people who take it are over due its inaccurate to say that,I still couldn't though lol makes me gag just thinking about it! Lol going to change my pic to one of me and lil bro from about 4 years ago found it today i love him to bits he's our lil man and right excited about bein an uncle at first he said he was to young and little (cos our uncles are like 6ft 5 lol) but now he excited! x
  • The user and all related content has been deleted.
  • @lmelanson thankyou !!!
    @samiuk I've decided not to. I just daren't! Haha. Bless him. Funny little fella. So... how'd the sweep go? I've just put myself in a right mood ranting on sunshinelove's post. Argh! Sure I've just made myself a few enemies but, Omg there are some ridiculously closed minded people out there! Kids just asked me why I'm swearing at my phone!! Oops... maybe I'm getting way too opinionated!!?? Time to give birth me thinks! Lol
  • I haven't read it yet but i was getting p¡ssed of to! sweep was ok never hurt, cervix is short and soft! only a finger dilated though, but got sent to antenatal unit and been there for nearly 2 hours cos he decided to not stop moving for 4 hours straight and heart rate was really gig and wouldn't go down so been on heart monitor he kept moving away or tryin to kick it of so had to have a quick scan, all fine he eventually settled down and was brilliant to see him and that he's not HUGE like everyone keeps tellin me lol big bump mainly due to water which is why he can still move like he can lol x
  • @samiuk you changed your picture :-) Aww it must be weired seeing the scan at this stage :-)! Glad its not a whopper and you're full of lubrication which, can only be a good thing! Would have been convenient if you'd have gone into labour in there tho. Bet its a bit disheartening having to leave but, glad its all good news :-) soft and dialated can only be good... yey...least you know things are on there way now. Any signs since? X
  • Had quite a lot of tightenings and had a pain in my back that hurt like hell but it's gone now lol Joe just made an extra hot chilli which is very hot! lol going for a walk in a bit seen has i couldn't earlier lol, unfortunatly i was at the hospital were they've now closed the birthing centre :( so woulda been sent to main one about 10 mins away, how's your day been? x
  • @samiuk nothing new happening labour wise :-( and don't have the guts (no pun intended lol) to take any sort of laxitive :-) .Been shattered all day so figured it may be the calm before the storm so... TRIED to have a sleep while kids were at school. Did everybody I know just decide that today would be a fantastic day to "check if owt was happening"?! :-( mum came round...with two dogs, got rid of her for my sister in law to turn up and then my annoying "friend" turned up an hour before school pick up (strategically timed as always to get a lift) and talked non stop about herself- as always! So... I'm a bit ratty to say the least :-) and I think some preglys may be aware of that after my "abortion" rant! Gonna stay away from controversial posts for rest of the day so I don't inadvertently get involved in starting more pregly drama :-S Shame you couldn't get your walk straight after.
  • Yes stay away! don't want you bein banned lol! i just read it exactly what i tap thinkin I'm crap with words though so would come out very insultin if i put out! lock your door and unplug phone tomorrow ;) lol what my mum does when she has a sleep during day lol x
  • No neither do I! Not checked responses. Darent :-) Difficult tho cos there is now another one with a poem which, is fine but, timing seems off and again, some really insensitive opinions being expressed."murder" is not a word that should be mentioned on this subject. Argh! I need to stop reading these posts. Can't help sticking up for those that have that horrible decision to make. No Jenny...NO! :-) I locked the bloody door. Mum has a key and it was non stop from there. Haha. Typical. Never usually nap either. Ah well. Right, spag bol tonight so better dish up... he's home n hungry :-) upset that I didn't get him out of work... like I have a choice. Pillock :-)
  • Oh yeah cos you can really time baby to come so you can get him out of work lol!!

i disagree with abortion For people who use it has a method of birth control or get pregnant just by thinking that it won't happen to them, but in certain cases its completly justifiable, some people say they'll never do it but until their under certain circumstance's they can't say for sure, some people need to open there narrow minded minds,

anyhoo don't go out of the UK part in baby bump (noticed you joined other day :))

enjoy your tea lol x