moms who already had their baby, car seat ?

edited September 2011 in Equipment & Supplies
I am due in a few weeks and I am expecting a 7 - 9 lb baby. We are on a tight budget and I decided to just get a convertible car seat, instead of the carry-able infant kind, because I HATED lugging that thing around last time and I never used it. Anyway, I can not remember how to set the straps and I don't really want to make my husband lug that seat up to the hospital room and then take it back down and reinstall it. So when you got your carseats, is the lowest strap setting what you used for your newborn or did you have to move the straps up??

Comments

• Lowest strap...no baby is going to be big enough at birth to fit the second one...so go with the lowest... I was going to use the convertible one too, because we already had one and I want to use slings as much as possible anyway...we ended up getting a brand new seat for free anyway so that's what we will use I guess
  • Thanks. I was thinking it was the lowest setting, but it just looks so small, lol!! I forgot how tiny newborns are! I know I'll have to loosen or tighten them, but moving those things is such a pain, I don't want to do it in the hospital.

I almost always used a front pack with my oldest, because I hated carrying that car seat. But I'm second guessing myself with a winter baby, because I'll have to take her out of her coat thing and I won't be able to set her down while I wait at my older daughter's ballet class....sigh, babies are so stressful, lol!!
  • I actually have a carrier seat that we have in the back of the car. We wont use it as a carseat just a carrier and stroller attachment till little man gets bigger then switch to front pack/side seat...

We love this thing....

http://www.thingamababy.com/baby/2006/06/kidcarry_side_c.html
  • I am thinking of doing the same thing, @lilbit01_209! I keep checking Craigslist, but so far the cheap ones are further than I feel like driving right now, lol! I want one just for ballet class and some of my daughter's other activities.
  • We got one from a friend but try a second hand store or something. If there is one near...
  • Our consignment store was so full when I was there yesterday you could barely walk down the aisle, but they didn't have a single car seat. I'm looking on Craigslist.
  • ya and my lil guy was 22 in.. of course i had to switch it a wk later but i was perfect for the ride home.. i love convertables.. but i also love my infant seat.. lol