tricare prescriptions?

I was wondering if any one with tricare prime knows if it will cover or help pay for the diet pill Phentermine? Or will the obgyn on post prescribe a diet pill or will I have to go to my pcm? Thanks!

Comments

• Thats questionable. Never hurts to ask though.
  • edited September 2011
    I know here where im stationed they prescribe it to us (active duty ) and spouses. Just make an appointment they may give.it to you. You could ask your OB as well
  • @kayleigh27 great! I'm glad they prescribe it! So it was free like all the other prescriptions?

@august22baby yay! I'm so excited to start loosing weight.
  • if you're prime im sure it is
  • edited September 2011
    Any meds your doc prescribes you are covered (atleast so far for me lol). Its just whether or not your doc thinks that you need the pill! When you find out for sure let me know.... I'm gonna need a little extra help after I have my baby I think :)
  • edited September 2011
    @usawife_21 well I have an appointment oct. 4th....so I'll update the thread! I hope my doctor will think I need it. I only have about 8-10 pounds until my pre preg weight...but I still wanna loose 30-45 more pounds.
  • @Cait_SeptemberMommy A few years ago, I tried phentermine (not for baby weight). I do not recommend it; the side effects are not pleasant. Please give yourself at least 6 months or more to try to get your body back before considering drugs. I had more success with watching what I ate and being more active. I just had to stay positive and not let myself fall into bad habits, but not deny myself the occasional cupcake.
  • The user and all related content has been deleted.
  • @gatorbob do you know how much it is if it isn't covered? I went to my OB today and he wouldn't prescribe it to me...because he doesn't "believe in it" just exercise and eating healthy....he said. Well I've had trouble loosing weight my whole life so I need a little extra help. So now I have to go to my regular doctor to get it prescribed, is what he told me. So that makes me think maybe its covered?
  • You do realize that it is speed, right? Your body will feel like you need to go 1000 miles an hour. The side effects are not worth the risk. If you really want a supplement, I recommend gnc for something safer. Being slightly overweight is not worth the risk and you won't get the same results that a person who is 100+ overweight would get. Sadly, the best option is diet and exercise, just have to find what works for you. No pill will give you longterm satisfaction or results.