Random question: What is baby oil used for?

edited September 2011 in Babies Health
I know its kind of a dumb question but what can baby oil be used for?? I can't imagine rubbing it all over the babies body?!? Help!

Comments

• it can be used to help with cradle cap... it does actually help keep moisture in too though. just rub the lil one down after a bath and it'll hold some of the moisture from the bath to their skin.
  • Is the baby oil gel one good?? Or is the original baby oil better?
  • Both are great!
  • Put it on their bottom for the first few days... The tar like bm they have the first few times they go will come off like it's nothing!!
  • Lol I have never used it on my newborns...but as they got older I use it to clean theor belly buttons and mines hahaha
  • Those are all good uses!! LOL thanks ladies
  • The user and all related content has been deleted.
  • Hmm interesting..I can see where it would clog their pores tho..maybe just a cotton ball with a little bit to kinda wipe the booty down after a diaper change..I imagine it being like after u get your eyebrows waxed and they rub the cotton ball with a lil baby oil??
  • I've used baby oil gel as hair gel fir my son since he was a baby up to 3 yrs old. . Gotta go get some fir my daughter she has crazy hair lol. That's the only use I have for it lol
  • Off topic...but it is the PERFECT eye makeup remover! Little on the finger. Rub your eye. Wipe away with tissue
  • edited September 2011
    @mrsford25 that's what I use for eye makeup remover too! It works great and its way cheaper! Lol
  • LOL. . Yeah I know right. @babyluv. :)
  • I dont use baby oil or lotion my doctor told be it clogs the babys pores.
  • I've used it in the past to make snowglobes.... :-??
  • My mom taught me that u can dab a lil on a q-tip to help clean behind babys ears and inside of the crevices of the ears. Not down inside the canal near drum though!
  • I wondered the same thing and my mom told me it was used to help with cradle cap..

I use it when I shave, and after a shower to seal in moisture, tho..
  • It works great to get off left over Band-aid goo too. ;)
  • Olive oil is better for cradle cap I use baby oil to get make up of or a little in my bath so I have lovely soft skin :)
  • I use baby oil for cradle cap I used it once yesterday because my mom told me it would get rid of the cradle cap and it did!
  • It's great for eczema. My son has it behind his ears. He's 7 and I still use it.
  • It is also great to get off fake tattoos that just won't seem to wash off :) my 5 year old wanted her collar bone area done who am I to say no cause she wanted to be like mommy. LOL (she was about to go to her dads and he hates tattoos) so we did and well she had them there for almost 3 weeks because it's a spot that doesn't rub off I guess. Baby oil a little rubbing and gone ;)
  • I never used baby oil on my kids. For cradle cap I used a little olive oil.
  • Thanks ladies all good responses..I passed it up in Walmart and then starting thinking what is used it for..