when can i introduce a bottle

edited September 2011 in Breastfeeding
Im breastfeeding when can i start giving her bottles so others can help with feeding ive already started pumping and freezing it .. ive heard 4-6 weeks from the LC and 2-3 weeks from the pediatrician

My daughter is 8 days old

Comments

• @amab13 9 days?? Did they still take the breast after
    @2ndbutfirst ok thank you :)
  • The user and all related content has been deleted.
  • i would start in the next few days.. with my first son i waited a wk.. and he was great with both the bf and the bottle i waited 4wks with my second.. and he refused.. he would rather go hungry for an extra hr than to drink from a bottle.. so this lil guys gonna get it at around 1-2wks.. as long as you and your baby have establishish good latch, it should be fine.. another thing i would only start with one feeding a day cause i would hate for her to only want the bottle cause its easier.. but thats me..
  • I would do it at about one week! I waited to long and she doesnt like bottles
  • @mama0811 oh wow
    @amab13 ok thanks i dnt think im going to give her a pacifier anytime soon..she doesnt seem to need it.
    @lae3 thank you ill start at 2 weeks then..and she latches really good..and ill start with one feeding at night because thats when i could use the help the most thank you
  • @proudmommy8789 is too weeks fine shes 8 days right now
  • I think 4-6 weeks but you can start as early as two of breastfeeding is going well. Leaving it any longer than about 8 weeks can result in the baby refusing a bottle completely. Good luck hun! (*)
  • I had to immediately because I had to supplement formula because I wasn't producing enough milk ..even nursing and pumping every 2hours.. and fortunately he never got nipple confusion..
    He adjusted just fine
  • good luck.. hope it works for you :)
  • My sin started right away...breast, bottle, and paci because he had to stay in the nursery at the hospital. He had no problems at all
  • @littlenat86 ok thank you..yea the LC told me 4-6 but then the pediatrician to ld me 2-3
    @augustbaby oh wow thats good
    @lae3 thanks you
  • edited September 2011
    @tta2edblondie 5 weeks seem so far away
    @sands3 oh wow ok thnx.. im going to start at 2 weeks