nipple stimulation

edited September 2011 in Third Trimester
Ok so I'm in the process (and have been for a week or so) of TRYING to help induce labour. I know its gonna come when it wants to but, no harm in trying as I'm already 4 days over. Well, I've got out the breast pump now and have been using it for 10min on each breast every 2hrs today. I'm not sure whether that's the best way?? Never tried nipple stimulation with a pump b4. Anyone else tried it and what did u do? Worked for anyone??? I've nothing else to try (bar castor oil! Ergh)

Comments

• A foot massage!
  • My doctor told me sex and exercise but not before 37 weeks so baby cN breathe when it comes outaa
  • @fate foot massage? The accupressure points? I tried doing that to myself but, gonna try getting him to do it I think. Thanks.

Has anyone tried pumping?
  • Pump 15 mins one boob, then 15 mins on other for an hour 3x a day x
  • @samiuk will try again tomorrow. Ah well. You watch 'don't tell the bride'? Just starting and I've seen a few. Some have been good but, others were so dull.

Kinda hoping someone's gonna tell me its gonna work lol ...yeah! Right :-) !
  • Midwife says usually works lol, she also said yesterday omg can't believe your still here he's very stubborn! lol so think I'm an exception to EVERY induction method going! I'll still be pregnant Monday and they'll end up doin a section lol

Use to watch it all time Joe watching body farm atm though x
  • Think I'm in the same category as you!!! Three overdue babies :-( was totally determined not to this time. God I hope u don't need a c sec!
  • Frustrating!
  • I love the nipple stimulation but I never used a pump and it worked for me with my last son I dialated to a 6.
  • I rubbed my nipples raw and I never dilated at all lol so good luck
  • Well, I've been "stimulating" for half hour every 3hours today. Getting some period type cramping so fingers crossed it turns into something significant :-)

@samiuk how's things today? No sign of u... that a good thing ;-) ??
  • Bahh still here! remembered today that haven't got any thing to give birth in and i don't wanna do it naked haha! so had a mad dash to primark! maybe he'll come now I'm all ready haha x
  • it works better if you have your man play with them.. it can get exahsting.. never worked for me
  • Nothing worked for me the ball the pressure points castor oil sex nothing good luck to you though
  • edited September 2011
    @preggointx thanks :-) I can only try lol
    @samiuk Haha that's where I went for my "birthing gown" aka cheap nightie lol. Well, that's it. You're prepared now... tonight it starts! :-) x
  • I want to try this but my boobs and nipples are so sore/itchy I can't bare to touch them! :(
  • @louisesfirstbaba I am using lansinoh lanolin nipple cream. Works wonders and worth buying if planning to breast feed
  • I've been using that for the last 2months its just not helping no more especially with the itching :(
  • Oh bless u. Mine itch still but not sore. Dunno what to do bout nipple itch :-S ?!
  • I've been stimulating regularly for days now and I'm STILL here!! :-< soooo fed up! Had a membrane sweep yesterday too...and nothin! Now 40+6! Seriously baby, your dad sound that bad u don't wanna meet him or what :-D ???!!